Options

Canon EOS A2 for Sale and Lens Question

birdieluvbirdieluv Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 13, 2009 in Cameras
I have a used canon eos a2 for sale and I don't know what to ask for it. We recently purchased a new Canon Xsi and don't need this other camera. It won't sell with any lenses as we're using them with the Xsi. If anyone has any idea what price I should put on this camera, please let me know.

We're both beginners at DSLR cameras and the SLR also as far as that goes! I've always used a point and shoot before.

The lenses we have are the Canon 18-55mm that came with the Xsi. Also a Canon EF 100-300mm; a Canon EF 28-80mm 3.5-5.6; and a Sigma AF 500mm Tele 1:7.2 . We shoot lots of different things. Are there any critical lenses that we're missing that we should have?

:scratch

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,912 moderator
    edited April 12, 2009
    birdieluv wrote:
    I have a used canon eos a2 for sale and I don't know what to ask for it. We recently purchased a new Canon Xsi and don't need this other camera. It won't sell with any lenses as we're using them with the Xsi. If anyone has any idea what price I should put on this camera, please let me know.

We're both beginners at DSLR cameras and the SLR also as far as that goes! I've always used a point and shoot before.

The lenses we have are the Canon 18-55mm that came with the Xsi. Also a Canon EF 100-300mm; a Canon EF 28-80mm 3.5-5.6; and a Sigma AF 500mm Tele 1:7.2 . We shoot lots of different things. Are there any critical lenses that we're missing that we should have?

headscratch.gif

Birdieluv, welcome to the Digital Grin. clap.gif

Check the prices for used equipment at:

KEH.com
    Adorama
    B&H

There are lots of great lenses that you might consider for purchase, depending on your needs and desires.

Take a careful look at what you really enjoy shooting and let us know your interests. Once we know what areas to concentrate on we can make recomendations.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,912 moderator
    edited April 12, 2009
    Birdieluv,

P.S. In case you haven't seen it we have a forum for buying/selling used equipment here called the "Flea Market" and a sub-forum specific to Canon equipment:

http://dgrin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    birdieluvbirdieluv Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 13, 2009
    I just checked those 3 places for used prices and this older Canon isn't worth much!! My husband has had it for years.

As far as what I enjoy shooting, it's mostly animals. I have a barnyard full of poultry, turkeys, geese and ducks. We also have 40 acres of woods and pasture. We get deer, wild turkeys and heaven knows what else. I'm also practicing shooting closeups of flowers. I like taking pictures of our sunrises and sunsets and our foggy mornings. So it looks like I like most of what there is to shoot around here!

You can see my animal collection at:

http://poorridgeranch.com/

All of those pictures were taken with a point and shoot.

Thank you for the welcome!

ziggy53 wrote:
    Birdieluv, welcome to the Digital Grin. clap.gif

Check the prices for used equipment at:

KEH.com
    Adorama
    B&H

There are lots of great lenses that you might consider for purchase, depending on your needs and desires.

Take a careful look at what you really enjoy shooting and let us know your interests. Once we know what areas to concentrate on we can make recomendations.