Options

Model Session~Samara

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited April 14, 2009 in People
I'm not sure which ones to highlight...ack!

Some of my later edits have the color corrected for the skin tones some of the earlier ones don't. I'll try not to bombard you with a ton but I want to show you some of my favorites.

507427760_ZFYVX-L.jpg
The shoe thing I remember from my first sneak peek I posted. :)
511178952_v6hRF-L.jpg
511184550_P8txP-L.jpg
509820255_K8Juc-L.jpg
509822652_ohFNG-L.jpg
509825505_iWfb2-L.jpg
Color corrected for the skin but I think there is still a green hue to her face.
511187625_b5jSS-L.jpg
511178521_WMasm-L.jpg
511523650_HFe3k-L.jpg
511522636_RBQ4m-L.jpg
511521328_tWcdd-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2009
    These look great!! My favorite is #6 :)
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2009
    Julie,
    repeat after me: "Never-ever-ever put a female subject in full frontal position towards the camera".
    There are exceptions, of course, but they have to be justified.
    HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Julie,
    repeat after me: "Never-ever-ever put a female subject in full frontal position towards the camera".
    There are exceptions, of course, but they have to be justified.
    HTH
    I saw your name as responding and I took a deep breath. (blush) Which ones did I do that on? Tell what I can do differently because I'm going to do another session with her in the summer.
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2009
    I saw your name as responding and I took a deep breath. (blush)
    lol, am I that scary? mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
    {labored breathing} Julie.... I am NOT your father....{/laboring breathing}
    Which ones did I do that on? Tell what I can do differently because I'm going to do another session with her in the summer.
    Pretty much all outdoors except the last one :cry . That one would be decent if it didn't have the terminator (light/shadow border) across her head...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2009
    Tell what I can do differently because I'm going to do another session with her in the summer.
    Sorry, missed the question...
    The rule of thumb for female posing is 90-45. Those are the angles you want her body wrt your camera. I.e. either full profile or maybe half-turn.
    The best one is a combination: tummy at 90, breast at 45.
    Mind you, this is akin to the rule of thirds, (or a pirates code) - a good starting point (guidelines:-), but often breakable.
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Sorry, missed the question...
    The rule of thumb for female posing is 90-45. Those are the angles you want her body wrt your camera. I.e. either full profile or maybe half-turn.
    The best one is a combination: tummy at 90, breast at 45.
    Mind you, this is akin to the rule of thirds, (or a pirates code) - a good starting point (guidelines:-), but often breakable.

No of course you aren't scary. I admire your work and was seriously hoping you'd comment. I know the vingette look is eh.....but anyway, I will work on the posing the next time around. Thanks for your advice and CC. It helps.
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2009
    #7 & #8 are nice but her smile seems fake.
    #11 is my pick from the serries.

Which pic did she like the best?

Take Care,
    Chuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    blaser321blaser321 Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    like 9 love 11
    5D mark II, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8 L IS
    EF 2.0x II extender BG-E6
  • Options
    edited April 14, 2009
    #7 & #8 are nice but her smile seems fake.
    #11 is my pick from the serries.

Which pic did she like the best?

Take Care,
    Chuck
    She actually loved every one of them. : )

But of course I want excellence when I photograph so I will do better at posing her next time.

Thanks for your response Chuck. :)
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    What a great first outing with a model. You have a nice variety of shots, locations and poses.

The first one could have used a hair light. Her hair is just lost in the background.

As Nick stated, most of these poses are just to straight on. A bit of angle in her body would have been much more flattering. She's obviously got a nice figure, but she looks quite broad in these.

Nice to see her smile in a few of these, but her smiles look fake. You're right about the remaining green cast in the skin.

My favorite is #2. I know people have said that the pose looks unnatural and uncomfortable, but why can't I like a photo of a pretty lady with that sexy look laying on a lounge chair?ne_nau.gif

Kudos to you for getting out there and pushing yourself to do these shots!clap.gif
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    I really like 9 and 5 because the backgrounds, while interesting, are less distracting and throw the attention back onto her more.

I can't wait to see what you get as you continue to work with her - these are a great start!