Olympus E-30 Price Reduction

swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
edited April 18, 2009 in Cameras
Olympus has reduced the price of the E-30 by $250. According to the interview of the Olympus Execs on DPReview and Fourthirdsphoto - Olympus has received a lot of feedback from customers that the price was too steep. They hare responded accordingly! This is good news for anyone considering this impressive camera. Adorama has it listed now for $1049 (Down from $1299).:barb
If you check out what that camera has - it's pretty impressive for the price.

http://www.adorama.com/IOME30.html

I am still waiting for my pre-ordered E-620 to arrive. Should be here in 2 weeks.:ivar

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,067 moderator
    edited April 14, 2009
    That is amazing that as the other camera makers raise their prices Olympus actually lowers prices on a substantial body. WTG Oly. clap.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2009
    Now, if only they drop the E-620 price... then I can justify that with the 12-60 lens :D.
    - Joe
    http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
    Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
    Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    silversx80 wrote:
    Now, if only they drop the E-620 price... then I can justify that with the 12-60 lens :D.

Just wait a little bit, its going to be hard for me not to be an early adopter of that or the m4/3 when it comes out.

I am kind of glad the E-30's I tried had those viewfinder issues the 620 is alot closer to my perfect camera, plus I can use all my 420 batteries in it clap.gif
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    Just wait a little bit, its going to be hard for me not to be an early adopter of that or the m4/3 when it comes out.

I am kind of glad the E-30's I tried had those viewfinder issues the 620 is alot closer to my perfect camera, plus I can use all my 420 batteries in it clap.gif

I am moving to the E-620 - do you have any recommendations for good places to get the smaller batteries?
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    I am moving to the E-620 - do you have any recommendations for good places to get the smaller batteries?

I have seen them on EBAY fopr around $6 & change including shipping..........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009

I got the Lenmar ones from Thomas Distributing, and its just over 20 bucks.

Also it seems to last longer than the stock battery, I used it for a huge macro session going for an hour or 2 with extensive live view use and a few hundred shots, as well as some other small shoots before it died.