Options

Not sure about flash

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited April 19, 2009 in Technique
Not sure where this post should go so maybe someone could move it to the right place, but its here for now.

I going shooting shots for a ball/dance party, its mainly going to be a photo of everyone in couples as they enter and maybe some shots at tables. I would be using a umbrella with a flashgun which ill take off for later. But im not sure what kind of place to put the umbrella. Rembrandt lighting pointed to the center? I havnt done couples before so I don't know what changes. Any tips?

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    if it is standing in an arch orinfront of a background....then I would go for a high postion pointing down to drivethe shadows back and down and off to one side at approx 45* angle to camera for shooting around at tables.....use a flash bracket (camera flip style......NOT flash flip) and a diffuser......I like the Lumiquest large softbox or their new Scoop....both fold flat for storage.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 19, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    if it is standing in an arch orinfront of a background....then I would go for a high postion pointing down to drivethe shadows back and down and off to one side at approx 45* angle to camera for shooting around at tables.....use a flash bracket (camera flip style......NOT flash flip) and a diffuser......I like the Lumiquest large softbox or their new Scoop....both fold flat for storage.....

ok thanks for your help