Options

Book creation software fotofusion?

tijosephtijoseph Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
edited April 19, 2009 in Technique
Does anyone have any experience with fotofusion?
http://www.lumapix.com/extreme/ext_overview.shtml

Doing the same in photoshop just seems to take a long time. This looks pretty high speed.

Comments

• Options
    mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2009
    tijoseph wrote:
    Does anyone have any experience with fotofusion?
    http://www.lumapix.com/extreme/ext_overview.shtml

Doing the same in photoshop just seems to take a long time. This looks pretty high speed.

I do not have the extreme version but the middle level version. I use Fotofusion to create collages and I have been very pleased with it. One of these days I'd like to upgrade to the extreme version though.
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2009
    Do you think it is worth the money?

Seems like it would save some time vs using photoshop, but gosh, 300 bucks?
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2009
    tijoseph wrote:
    Do you think it is worth the money?

Seems like it would save some time vs using photoshop, but gosh, 300 bucks?

Well it's been worth it to me since I do not have and have no plans to get Photoshop.

What sort of book creation are you planning on doing?
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2009
    I would be using it mostly for albums. Not digital scrap booking style, just modern albums.

It looks really good and fast in the online video they have. Does it work that well? Also, why is that you want to upgrade? What does the best version have, that you think you would use the most of?
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2009
    tijoseph wrote:
    I would be using it mostly for albums. Not digital scrap booking style, just modern albums.

It looks really good and fast in the online video they have. Does it work that well? Also, why is that you want to upgrade? What does the best version have, that you think you would use the most of?

It works really well on my older PC, so that is a big plus for me.

I was interested in the Yearbook, Team Sports and Seniors option in the Extreme version. I do a lot of marching band and other high school stuff so this looks like something I can use. The album option might get some use too, you never know.
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2009
    When looking at the comparisons on their website between the 3 softwares, it says the best version is the only one that allows for the addition of new pages in an album. Is that right? Otherwise you can only use the templates that are provided with the software. Also, the batch processing looks good. Can't believe they charge nearly 200 more dollars for that upgrade.
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2009
    tijoseph wrote:
    When looking at the comparisons on their website between the 3 softwares, it says the best version is the only one that allows for the addition of new pages in an album. Is that right? Otherwise you can only use the templates that are provided with the software. Also, the batch processing looks good. Can't believe they charge nearly 200 more dollars for that upgrade.

It's a lot more powerful and there are alot more templates.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com