Pro's.. is this something I need?

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
edited April 26, 2004 in Accessories
I was browsing around this morning and saw this set on ebay.. should I be looking at something like this? or where would I start.. no clue as usual..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3860&item=3810637762&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW#ebayphotohosting

Comments

• luksamedialuksamedia Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 25, 2004
    It all depends on what type of photography you want to do really. This set is a "hotlight" setup. There is no strobe. You can use lights without a strobe, you'll have to use slower shutter. But there are alot of opinions and types of lights. You'll just need to know exactly what you wanna do. Novatron has good lights and they are affordable.

Thanks,

Thomas
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2004
    luksamedia wrote:
    It all depends on what type of photography you want to do really. This set is a "hotlight" setup. There is no strobe. You can use lights without a strobe, you'll have to use slower shutter. But there are alot of opinions and types of lights. You'll just need to know exactly what you wanna do. Novatron has good lights and they are affordable.

Thanks,

Thomas
    Thanks Thomas, yes, you may see from other threads of mine that I have a lot to learn.. I think I'll definitely hold off on buying anything until I know more of what I need...
    Thanks for answering.'
    Lynn
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2004
    I can't believe how low the price is for what you get. Feels like there's a catch. Low quality?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • geckogecko Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2004
    they are just lights, not strobes, u can get the same quality light from a $5 drop light at a hardware store, the only thing of any value are the stands