abechoiabechoi Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited April 21, 2009 in Journeys
A pan of Hong Kong Island.

383323437_Hpsuc-X1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    I like the colorful reflections on the water.
  • Options
    strikingvikingstrikingviking Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2008
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    Great job! Such an incredible place - great pan.
  • Options
    catvillecatville Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    Great! In fact, that is one thing I plan to do during Christmas - head down to the harbour and get some night shots.

Any advice for a newbie?
  • Options
    spechtalspechtal Registered Users Posts: 344 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    Wow, very beautiful skylineclap.gif
    Angela
  • Options
    grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    Very nice. Love the colors!!
  • Options
    roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    Beautiful and stunning!!!
  • Options
    ightenhillightenhill Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2008
    Lovely shot..Will be there in March.. Would love to hear more about the setup etc...
  • Options
    chickdiverchickdiver Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 10, 2009
    Bump! I'm heading to Hong Kong in a couple of weeks and would like to know what kind of settings/equipment you used for this beautiful night shot. Any other tips from grinners would be appreciated. I'm pretty new to to photography but would like to use my new Nikon 12-24 lens to its max capacity. :)
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2009
    chickdiver wrote:
    Bump! I'm heading to Hong Kong in a couple of weeks and would like to know what kind of settings/equipment you used for this beautiful night shot. Any other tips from grinners would be appreciated. I'm pretty new to to photography but would like to use my new Nikon 12-24 lens to its max capacity. :)

If you have access to a compact tripod that will really help you. Also - the laser show is really neat. If you want great photos of it show up well in advance because otherwise you will have people in the way of the shots.

Also, take water-proofing stuff with you. It rains a lot there!
  • Options
    chickdiverchickdiver Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 10, 2009
    If you have access to a compact tripod that will really help you. Also - the laser show is really neat. If you want great photos of it show up well in advance because otherwise you will have people in the way of the shots.

Also, take water-proofing stuff with you. It rains a lot there!

Any suggestions for a compact tripod light enough to lug around? Also, what would you consider adequate for water-proofing gear? I was thinking of buying a KATA E-702 Rain Cover but is there something better?
  • Options
    DanspageDanspage Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2009
    Very Niiiiiiice
    Daniel
    http://danspage.smugmug.com/
    Scratch Nikon I switched to
    Canon 5d mark II
  • Options
    kengladekenglade Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    chickdiver wrote:

I lived there for two years but that was a long time ago. On a visit a couple of years ago, though, found little ahd changed. You'll be overwhelmed by the pix opportunities so pointing out specifics would be counterproductive. Except for one thing. Most visitors see only the side of the island facing the mainland -- where all the highrises are. but if you can carve out a few hours jump on one of the doubledecker buses and go around to the other side. Completely different. Might also take a hydrofoil to Maccau. Have fun.
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2009
    my favorite city... very nice pano... thumb.gif

Winston
  • Options
    kengladekenglade Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2009
    chickdiver wrote:
    Any suggestions for a compact tripod light enough to lug around? Also, what would you consider adequate for water-proofing gear? I was thinking of buying a KATA E-702 Rain Cover but is there something better?

You might want to consider waiting until yu get there to buy your tripod and rain gear. Might be cheaper and save you carrying it there. Can probably sell it again there.

• Options
    ccherokeccheroke Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Pan shot
    Very beautiful pan shot.