Options

LIghtroom smugmug and Star*Explorer

upi44upi44 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 27, 2009 in SmugMug Support
Hey guys new user of all three of above. I subscribed to the pro account on smugmug also downloaded and bought Star*Explorer I am running the latest version of light room. how do I incorporate star* in lightroom. I read the direction on the S*E website, but do not really understand any help would be appreciated.:scratch

Karen

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    upi44 wrote:
    Hey guys new user of all three of above. I subscribed to the pro account on smugmug also downloaded and bought Star*Explorer I am running the latest version of light room. how do I incorporate star* in lightroom. I read the direction on the S*E website, but do not really understand any help would be appreciated.headscratch.gif

Karen
    Guys, since I don't use LR at all, I would appreciate if some of LR/S*E users can help Karen..bowdown.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    upi44 wrote:
    Hey guys new user of all three of above. I subscribed to the pro account on smugmug also downloaded and bought Star*Explorer I am running the latest version of light room. how do I incorporate star* in lightroom. I read the direction on the S*E website, but do not really understand any help would be appreciated.headscratch.gif

Karen

I use the two together. What I do is:
    1. Prepare my images in LR.
    2. Export them to JPEG from LR to a temporary folder
    3. Create the new gallery in S*E
    4. Select it in S*E
    5. Drag the images from the temporary folder to the lower right pane in S*E
    6. Start the upload in S*E and walk away
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2009
    Just for the record: whenever you do drag-n-drop from bridge or windows explorer to S*E, it really doesn't matter where in S*E you drop it, it will end up in the queue anyway... The whole S*E window is one giant recepticle...
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Just for the record: whenever you do drag-n-drop from bridge or windows explorer to S*E, it really doesn't matter where in S*E you drop it, it will end up in the queue anyway... The whole S*E window is one giant recepticle...
    Good to know I guess, but talk about it feeling odd to drag images destinated for gallery A into a different category in the category pane or into gallery Z in the gallery listing. It sure "feels" like you're more likely to get what you want if you drag them to where you want them to go :jfriend (to the upload files pane for the selected gallery).
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    Good to know I guess, but talk about it feeling odd to drag images destinated for gallery A into a different category in the category pane or into gallery Z in the gallery listing. It sure "feels" like you're more likely to get what you want if you drag them to where you want them to go :jfriend (to the upload files pane for the selected gallery).
    I know, I know...rolleyes1.gif I do that myself, psychologically it's way more pleasant.. :D
  • Options
    upi44upi44 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 27, 2009
    Thanks guys

Look forward to uploading