Options

Help please!??

Antoinette4897Antoinette4897 Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited April 24, 2009 in People
I am having trouble printing this photo. When I view it it appears fine but upon printing it is very yellow. Does anyone have any idea what to do to get rid of the yellow. I have CS3 and have tried everything that I know to do. Thanks.

Dayna
Antoinettesphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    I am having trouble printing this photo. When I view it it appears fine but upon printing it is very yellow. Does anyone have any idea what to do to get rid of the yellow. I have CS3 and have tried everything that I know to do. Thanks.

Dayna

post the picture here please. My initial guess is that your monitor is not calibrated and so you are not truly seeing what is getting printed.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2009
    Help please!?!
    http://antoinettesphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/7989013_pDyQv#519254040_kaHLd

99 percent of my photos print wonderfully so I think it is more photo specific. Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Dayna
  • Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    As a starting point, calibrate your monitor if you haven't and make sure that the ICC profile is being recognized.
    Also make sure your printer driver is set to proper paper type and that default color setting are set.

BTW, the link needs a password.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    http://antoinettesphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/7989013_pDyQv#519254040_kaHLd

99 percent of my photos print wonderfully so I think it is more photo specific. Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Dayna

This photo definitely does have a yellow cast to it. To my taste it is on the border of acceptability for a personal shot but just beyond acceptable for a paying client if that helps.

Are other shots from this sittting/lighitng printing okay? I think it still has to be your monitor.headscratch.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2009
    This shot was the most noticeable for any yellow casting. Is there any adjustment that can help in CS 3?
  • Options
    Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    This photo definitely does have a yellow cast to it. To my taste it is on the border of acceptability for a personal shot but just beyond acceptable for a paying client if that helps.
    I agree with Qarik. On my uncalibrated monitor (usually not too bad), there is a definite strong yellow cast to this photo but it appears to be more localized. Hard to tell but the skin tones look okay. I really see the yellow under the boy's chin (from the duck?) and in the shadow behind the girl. I think it appears to made worse because of all the different shades of green/yellow/orange in this: very blonde hair, curtain backdrop, girls dress, looks like a pale striipe along blue/white in the boys shirt.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    In PS, you can select colors/hues and selectively turn down the yellow channel.

On my calibrated monitor, it's a touch yellow.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    This may sound a bit harsh, but you might find it easier to start over with the RAW file and set the WB using the trim of her dress as a starting point for a white. It should only take a very small adjustment from there to get it right.
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2009
    On my calibrated monitor, I see the photo as rather yellow...lemony actually...so it only seems that it should print that way. It looks like the ambient light crowded out the flash.

Like Scott said...adjust the WB in PS or LR or whatever you are using...and that should fix it.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed