Options

A Watercolor Treatment from Yosemite

kudbegudkudbegud Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
edited May 22, 2005 in Holy Macro
tried a watercolor of the boater on the river.
22659637-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2005
    I am not to big on these but if you are looking for opinoins headscratch.gif if you grop it down so the mountains are gone and it's more about the boat i like it better ,I did that by scrolling down and found I like the shot -- more. if you did not want an opinion ne_nau.gif then I take it back :D
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2005
    Thats a very different take on it mate. Mine is of him way at the end with the 400mm & its a tad out of focus.

I think we spooked him a little rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2005
    if it were me/I, I would not want an opinion, but ............ I used to mess with watercolors and my daughter does them.

Would it not look more like a watercolor if it were not so saturated. Looks kind of surreal to me right now.

Nice shot, and I do like those filter thingies. Gosh I joined here putting big frames on my photos and noticing that not many of the filter affects were being used. Good to see PS put to work.

ginger:D
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 22, 2005
    jwear wrote:
    I am not to big on these but if you are looking for opinoins headscratch.gif if you grop it down so the mountains are gone and it's more about the boat i like it better ,I did that by scrolling down and found I like the shot -- more. if you did not want an opinion ne_nau.gif then I take it back :D
    15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    kudbegudkudbegud Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2005
    thanks for your inputs...i can get too caught up in the process and not see the results. so, i took all your suggestions and redid the photo...croped it, lessened the saturation, and played with the hue a little. thanks...i think it's much better now. i understand that "painting" a photo can ruin it for a lot of photographers.

22747912-L.jpg