Can't upload with Firefox

Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
edited April 24, 2009 in Bug Reporting
Have version 3.0.8 on Vista laptop and when I click on the upload via simple method, it crashes.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2009
    Tee Why wrote:
    Have version 3.0.8 on Vista laptop and when I click on the upload via simple method, it crashes.
    Tell us more?

Vista 32bit? 64bit? Any addons or plugins?

We have found that updating your current installation of java will typically resolve this issue.

Follow these steps to make sure your java is up to date for a PC:

1) Go to http://www.java.com

2) Click on "Do I have Java?" and wait for the test to run.

3) Follow the steps to get the latest version of Java if you need it.

EDIT: Why aren't you on your way to LA SMUGs? :D
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=126535
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2009
    It's 32bit.
    No add ons or plug ins.

Checking the Java site, I got this:

Oops! You don't have the recommended Java installed.

Your installed family version is Java 6

I'm downloading version 6 update 13 now and see if it works now.

Can't make it to the LA SMUG meeting b/c I just finished working. I'm happy to have been invited though.

Thanks.
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2009
    That Java update did the trick.
    Thank you.
    edited April 7, 2009
    Tee Why wrote:
    That Java update did the trick.
    Thank you.
    thumb.gif
  • snaptie2002snaptie2002 Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    What else ya got? Did the java thing but it still crashes. Plus the simple uploader will not accept folders and will only upload one file at a time instead of three.

Marty
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    What else ya got? Did the java thing but it still crashes. Plus the simple uploader will not accept folders and will only upload one file at a time instead of three.

Marty
    Hi Marty,

Skip the 'do I have java' part and simply click on 'free java download', download it and install it on your computer. That'll reinstall java in case your version has become corrupted.

Also, you could try our very own uploader that we soft-launched a while ago. Here's how to use it.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited April 21, 2009
    Also, you could try our very own uploader that we soft-launched a while ago. Here's how to use it.

Sebastian

Isn't that the simple uploader I'm talking about or is there another one.

Reinstalled JAVA. Still doing the same as before. I have been trying to get this thing to work since Saturday. Just uploaded the star explorer....not thrilled with it either. Last week I had problems logging on as well as some other minor annoyances that I can't recall right now.

Would someone please look into what's going on. I have really about had it.

Sorry for the bluntness but I am very frustrated after spending every spare minute for three days trying to upload a baseball tournament and a race gallery.

Marty
    edited April 21, 2009
    Isn't that the simple uploader I'm talking about or is there another one.

Reinstalled JAVA. Still doing the same as before. I have been trying to get this thing to work since Saturday. Just uploaded the star explorer....not thrilled with it either. Last week I had problems logging on as well as some other minor annoyances that I can't recall right now.

Would someone please look into what's going on. I have really about had it.

Sorry for the bluntness but I am very frustrated after spending every spare minute for three days trying to upload a baseball tournament and a race gallery.

Marty
    Hi Marty- I'm so sorry! We have hundreds of thousands using this uploader without difficulty - we just have to find out what's foiling you! Please tell us the browser you are using, and the version of the browser? ear.gif
    edited April 22, 2009
    Fire Fox 3.0.8

We finally got everything loaded from last weekend. We have a busy weekend coming up. Hopefully we can get things straightened out by then. Let me know what I can do on this end.

Thanks,
    Marty
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited April 22, 2009
    Fire Fox 3.0.8

We finally got everything loaded from last weekend. We have a busy weekend coming up. Hopefully we can get things straightened out by then. Let me know what I can do on this end.

Thanks,
    Marty

Marty, I'm also running FireFox 3.0.8, and the Java uploader works just fine. HOWEVER, it did NOT run before I updated my Java plugin. Which version of Java are you running? Go to Tools->Add-ons, and select the Plugins tab. Scroll down to the Java plugin, and see what version you have. You may be able to update it by simply clicking on the Updates button on the right of the Plugins screen.

Regards,
    -joel
    edited April 23, 2009
    Thanks kdog. Still not working though.

I have three events scheduled this weekend. Not much use posting them if it takes three days to load them.

Marty
  • docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 24, 2009
    Marty,

You might want to consider trying one of our other uploaders. The good thing about SmugMug is that we have a bunch and usually one will work if the others fail. http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/SmugMug/Hacks+and+Apps

The good news is that some of them do not depend on Java. So that would help remove the java issue from the problem for now.

--Doc
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
    edited April 24, 2009
    Thanks.