bufo fowleris

geckogecko Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited April 28, 2004 in People
toad4.jpg

A little test of my new digital pentex ist d

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2004
    Seems to be working! Is that towel really yellow, or is it the white balance?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • geckogecko Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2004
    i saturate my work
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2004
    gecko wrote:
    i saturate my work
    So do I, but sometimes it's best to saturate only part of the image. Here's my shot at it.

He sure is a cutie tho.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
    edited April 26, 2004
    yeah the white looks good, i just thought th yellow aded a nostalgic feel to it
    edited April 26, 2004
    gecko wrote:
    yeah the white looks good, i just thought th yellow aded a nostalgic feel to it
    Ah...right. Of course! Sepia, right?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
    edited April 26, 2004
    it varies with me mood
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2004
    fish wrote:
    So do I, but sometimes it's best to saturate only part of the image. Here's my shot at it.

He sure is a cutie tho.
    Hey Fish,

I have played with this technique some , but it seems like it takes way too much effort to select the parts you want to saturate. Do you have a fast way to do this? ps: The frog / toad looks much better to me with the white towel.
    edited April 26, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    Hey Fish,

I have played with this technique some , but it seems like it takes way too much effort to select the parts you want to saturate. Do you have a fast way to do this? ps: The frog / toad looks much better to me with the white towel.

Yes, it's tedious to select images. There are lots of tools to do so, but I haven't found one that's really fast. It would be cool to just click on the "main object selection tool", but it doesn't exist yet (afaik).

Gecko...are you from ukgser.com?
    edited April 26, 2004
    gecko wrote:
    i saturate my work

That's disgusting.

lol3.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    edited April 26, 2004
    fish wrote:

He sure is a cutie tho.

Nice job, Fishie, looks good.
    Sid.
    edited April 26, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    Hey Fish,

Much easier, though still some work, is to create a duplicate layer (PC is Control-J.). Do your saturation to the duplicate layer. Then go up top to the Layer drop down menu, click on Layer Mask/Reveal All, and wipe away what you don't want. Make sure your default colors in the toolbar are black and white. Switch between the two to add/remove one layer from the other.

I use Layer Masks constantly to tweak bits of photographs.

Gecko, hope you don't mind a quick hijack. Here's a 'before shot" of the building and bucket. The bucket's too dark, needs some light.

3766586-M.jpg

I had another shot where the bucket was brightly lit by a flash. It was too much, but I used a Layer Mask to gently add some light to the bucket. I'm not much good, but this technique is easy and endlessly useful.

3765922-M.jpg

Hijack over, sorry Gecko.
    Sid.
    edited April 27, 2004
    hey no problem, im just glad to see a little life around here

i run an artist message board myself and its pretty quiet too
    edited April 27, 2004
    gecko wrote:
    hey no problem, im just glad to see a little life around here

i run an artist message board myself and its pretty quiet too

nod.gif I agree. Membership keeps growing though, and the activity's on a slow but steady incline.

I didn't see your board in your profile. Can we peek at it?
    Sid.
    edited April 27, 2004
    surely

its

http://graphicsurge.com/surgeforum
    its for all types of art
    edited April 27, 2004
    thumb.gif. Thanks.

Yer a man of few words! rolleyes1.gif
    Sid.
    edited April 27, 2004
    ah, i can be pretty verbal, depends on the situation
    edited April 28, 2004
    actually id be on more, but ive been calibrating my manual lenses to my new DSLR

i have a great 135 mm that im not quite ready to stop using