Options

Fisheyes and slacklining

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited May 23, 2005 in Sports
I'm wondering what you all think of the fisheye effect applied using PSP? I shot this earlier today at my friend's house on his slackline. It looked a little too ordinary, and seemed like a good candidate for a little fisheye distortion. Am I on the right track here, or do I just need to leave the dumb effects alone? :D

Also, any other comments or tips you have are welcomed.

Here's the original:
walker00.jpg

And here's the fisheye. If I decide to take this route I'll clone in the bottom and crop the other edges, but for now this is that you get.:):
walker01.jpg
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited May 21, 2005
    coldclimb wrote:
    I'm wondering what you all think of the fisheye effect applied using PSP? I shot this earlier today at my friend's house on his slackline. It looked a little too ordinary, and seemed like a good candidate for a little fisheye distortion. Am I on the right track here, or do I just need to leave the dumb effects alone? :D

Also, any other comments or tips you have are welcomed.

Here's the original:
    walker00.jpg

And here's the fisheye. If I decide to take this route I'll clone in the bottom and crop the other edges, but for now this is that you get.:):
    walker01.jpg

I guess I am an old curmudgeon - the fish eye shot looks like a bad TV from the 50's. I prefer the first image - I might crop the top border closer to your friend's head for more of a pano look though.
    ne_nau.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gif
    1st thing came to mind when I saw it :D
  • Options
    PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2005
    The fisheye makes the line look a bit more curved but thats it to me :) Dont notice much else of a difference!
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited May 21, 2005
    If you shot it in WA/Fisheye, it'd be a lot different.

I like the first shot too.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2005
    Thanks all. I generally don't like the "fake" effects added with a computer, and this just strengthens my will to resist using them. :D
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com