edited May 19, 2009 in Weddings
Just a couple from an engagement shoot I did last Friday. C and C welcome

520726813_Vwcys-L.jpg

522308999_rMevY-L.jpg

thanks for looking!!!
Matt
My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes

Comments

• Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    Can't believe you haven't had any comments, Matt.....nice work!
  • Options
    picturegirlpicturegirl Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    These are great, especially like the second one, the lighting and sharpness is really nice!
  • Options
    BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Is it really that warm in Wisconsin? WOW. Great use of that long light in the second one.
  • Options
    ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    I really like the mood and effects captured in #1.
    Where was #2 taken? It looks familiar, but I can't quite tell.
    Last Friday was the nicest day of the year here - well into the 70's.
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    I really like one, cute romantic shot. Like how you processed and blurred the background.

The second one might have been better from a lower angle to remove some of the distracting clutter in the bottom of the picture.
    Still a nice shot, well exposed, I am sure they will like the shot.
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Idlewild wrote:
    Can't believe you haven't had any comments, Matt.....nice work!

Ha! I was wondering a bit too! With all the "do I suck" threads going on around here I was wondering if I was getting cold shouldered. Not that I think I'm all that, but I don't think these suck and I'm glad you guys agree.

This couple was SUPER stiff... I really struggled posing them. I'm not a great poser to start with and really rely on people being themselves. I don't know... some people are easy and these guys wern't. Seems the best shots are when they thought the pose was done.

Location on the first one is Bradford Beach and yes Friday was nearly 90 inland and over 80 by the lake. One nice day for now, but we will get some more soon. Wind was awful... of the 10 or 15 shots i took at that spot this is probably the only usable one. The rest Dave had her hair in his face, over his eye or whatever. Too bad really because I like the outcropping of the shoreline behind them. I will shoot there again.

After hearing enough of you kind folks comenting on my craptacular b&w conversions I bought some actions. I love that one for portraits. it is in the "totally rad" actions cd and called awesome b&w. The blur is of course lens bokeh.

The second is in the third Ward on the Riverwalk ARKreations, a few blocks south of buffalo. The distracting things at the bottom of the frame are part of the boatslips Zoomer. I actually like that part of the shot a lot and took some similar that were vertical to include more of it. not the post in the right corner but the lights up against the wall... maybe I should try to get the post out... I could have jumped the fence to the boat slips and shot from below but instead I went to a spot on the walk where it jutted out a bit, hooked my foot around a pylon and leaned out over the docs a bit with the 70-200. the light there was absolutly delicious. Unfortunately we rushed out of there to hit the beach for the "golden hour" and I only shot this one spot. Next time I'll do the beach and then the River. Here in Wisco the beach of course faces east.

I'm going to try to get the rest of these finished today and I will post some more, thanks for the love guys!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Nice shots Matt. I love Milwaukee. My sister lives there and I'm only about 30min away in Kenosha.

The first shot would look better without the diffuse glow type effect IMHO.

thumb.gif
    ====My Gear=====
    Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
    17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    cwphotos wrote:
    Nice shots Matt. I love Milwaukee. My sister lives there and I'm only about 30min away in Kenosha.

The first shot would look better without the diffuse glow type effect IMHO.

thumb.gif

I'm from Kenowhere! I shoot there as much as I do in Milwaukee. We should get together sometime. As for the b&w glow... I struggled with that a bit but I've gotten to like it. My clients have really been digging it.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

• Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    I love the soft black and white effect of the first one. Very nice :)
  • Options
    ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2009
    mmmatt wrote:
    I'm from Kenowhere! I shoot there as much as I do in Milwaukee. We should get together sometime. As for the b&w glow... I struggled with that a bit but I've gotten to like it. My clients have really been digging it.

Matt
    I'm about the same distance in the other direction - Port Washington.
    There are some really great locations up here that I'm dying to shoot with the right time and subject. But I also work near north end of the river walk in Mke. (If only I could get some shutter time outside the office ne_nau.gif)
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR