Options

Yosemite ..the place

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited May 24, 2005 in Wildlife
What i saw... & yes...i have a 'thing' for mosses :lol3

Thanks liquidops:thumb owe you a cold one mate.

Comments

• Options
    rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2005
    Great shots Gus. I really enjoyed seeing Yosemite throught your eyesclap.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2005
    Tks mate..i had fun. Learnt heaps.
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2005
    you got a full bag of good ones there gus!

I love this abstract shot - what great light...

22776291-S.jpg
  • Options
    ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2005
    Great set of pictures Gus, I can see that you really made the most out of your trip to the valley.

Ed
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited May 23, 2005
    ehughes wrote:
    Great set of pictures Gus, I can see that you really made the most out of your trip to the valley.

Ed
    Great series 'gus. I really liked your sunsets and your macros. See ya next year, maybe thumb.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2005
    Really like the moss in the larger context in #10. thumb.gif How'd you do the effect in #38? Some really nice shots in there. #91's a beaut, great light. My lord, you did shoot a lot!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2005
    I looked through your galleries Gus, man you got lots of sweet shots there pal... Thanks for sharing, you did VERY well.

AJ
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2005
    So Gus it looks like you took a few shots on the trip. :D

You got some great shots. thumb.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2005
    Thanks everyone...yep i shoot a lot. not often that an opportunity like this comes along. I was going to thin some out a bit but ..well its like having several children & having to choose which to give away.

Thanks for looking

Gus
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Really like the moss in the larger context in #10. thumb.gif How'd you do the effect in #38? Some really nice shots in there. #91's a beaut, great light. My lord, you did shoot a lot!
    Tks sid...#38 ..well i was with our pro photog (his name was mark wasnt it?) when he sort of screwed up his face at the avail light for landscapes & said "i'll show you what to do when it gets a bit dull & boring" He slows the shutter down to half sec or so ...closes in on something at full zoom & as the shutter opens, he winds the zoom back.

Sam & i tried it for half an hour & that was the best i could hand held 0.4 second whilst winding the zoom...Talk about hard to do !

Gus
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2005
    Phil U. wrote:
    you got a full bag of good ones there gus!

I love this abstract shot - what great light...

22776291-S.jpg
    Tks pkil but it isnt abstract by me...thats the colours of the morning/ice & grass. I couldnt let it pass but man is the depth of field narrow.
  • Options
    SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    What i saw... & yes...i have a 'thing' for mosses lol3.gif

Thanks liquidopsthumb.gif owe you a cold one mate.

Gus,

You just blew me away with that gallery of yours! thumb.gif Wonderful variety of views from bifs and reflections, to landscapes that you have a wonderful eye for. There are some captures there, that are uniquely beautiful from the others that I've seen. Wonderful memories too, to look back upon. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Susan
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2005
    SusanB wrote:
    Gus,

You just blew me away with that gallery of yours! thumb.gif Wonderful variety of views from bifs and reflections, to landscapes that you have a wonderful eye for. There are some captures there, that are uniquely beautiful from the others that I've seen. Wonderful memories too, to look back upon. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Susan
    Thank you for your comments. I was like a kid in a candy shop.

Gus
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    Humungus,

Really fantastic shots! You've created quite a gallery!
    But,
    Humungus wrote:
    ..well its like having several children & having to choose which to give away.
    I don't understand the problem lol3.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2005
    Nir wrote:
    Humungus,

Really fantastic shots! You've created quite a gallery!
    But,

I don't understand the problem lol3.gif
    Thanks for looking in Nir..

Well mate you see..we got smart real quick & both decided NEVER to lose that much sleep again. The say the 1st is the bad one but we wern't going to risk it so happily stayed ot 1.
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Well mate you see..we got smart real quick & both decided NEVER to lose that much sleep again. The say the 1st is the bad one but we wern't going to risk it so happily stayed ot 1.
    My wife got hooked and kept asking for another ... like lenses I guess...

I will be the first to admit her addiction to kids is marvelous. You think she'll say the same about lenses? ne_nau.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Tks sid...#38 ..well i was with our pro photog (his name was mark wasnt it?) when he sort of screwed up his face at the avail light for landscapes & said "i'll show you what to do when it gets a bit dull & boring" He slows the shutter down to half sec or so ...closes in on something at full zoom & as the shutter opens, he winds the zoom back.

Sam & i tried it for half an hour & that was the best i could hand held 0.4 second whilst winding the zoom...Talk about hard to do !

Gus
    Cool, thanks. Man, handheld, long exposure and cranking back the zoom? Phew!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au