Options

New Sigma Lenses

joeinmiamijoeinmiami Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
edited April 28, 2009 in Cameras
Hello there!

About 7 or 8 months ago a was able to buy the sigma "Bigma", this was before they came out with their version of VR lenses for Nikon.

I am very happy with my Bigma, But I wonder how good are those 2 VR lenses that were supposed to take the place of the Bigma: the 150-500 and the125-400.

Has any one had any experience with any of these lenses, How do they measure to the Bigma?

Happy photo taking! :barb

Joe
www.jlm-photos.com

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,884 moderator
    edited April 27, 2009
  • Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Think the OP may be referring to the 120-400 OS.
  • Options
    RobinivichRobinivich Registered Users Posts: 438 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    I haven't seen much in the way of full on reviews, but it seems that their position in sigma's lineup is somewhat lower, they're not EX, and build and autofocus are not up to the bigma's standards, I believe that goes for optical quality as well, even if they are stabilized. The consensus I've been able to gather is that they are updates for sigmas lower end super telephoto, not replacing the bigma as such. Stabilization is very nice to have if in that class of lenses though, I'm potentially on the market for a stabilized bigma, but having bought non EX (70-300) and EX (150mm Macro) the difference is significant to me.
  • Options
    joeinmiamijoeinmiami Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Sigma Bigma
    Sorry about that, it was supposed to be the 120-400mmha

Thanks for all your answers, I do prefer to buy Nikon glass, but the Bigma, besides the range, had the biggest bang for the money. So far I have been very happy with it when I use it within its limitations ( slow and very heavy)

I am now looking at the possibility of getting the Nikon 50 mm 1.8 to use in indoor setting with no flash.

Again thanks

Joe clap.gif
    www.jlm-photos.com