Options

Can't order 8x10 print at Smugmug default price

dvisodviso Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited May 1, 2009 in Bug Reporting
I just discovered that in my galleries with pricing set to smugmug defaults, one is unable to add an 8x10 to the cart.
Example gallery:
http://dviso.smugmug.com/gallery/7111468_zGPMR/1/455983454_2PuBX#455983454_2PuBX

The 8x10 lustre option in this gallery has pro pricing set, and can be ordered, but when you try to add the 8x10 glossy option, you just get an endless spinning wheel.

Is this a bug? It only seems to be happening on the 8x10, although I haven't gone through to check every single other size. If I am logged in I do not experience the problem.

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    dviso wrote:
    I just discovered that in my galleries with pricing set to smugmug defaults, one is unable to add an 8x10 to the cart.
    Example gallery:
    http://dviso.smugmug.com/gallery/7111468_zGPMR/1/455983454_2PuBX#455983454_2PuBX

The 8x10 lustre option in this gallery has pro pricing set, and can be ordered, but when you try to add the 8x10 glossy option, you just get an endless spinning wheel.

Is this a bug? It only seems to be happening on the 8x10, although I haven't gone through to check every single other size. If I am logged in I do not experience the problem.
    Hi Darren,

Welcome to Digital Grin wave.gif

Can you give me some more info, please? I just tried adding the photo to the cart, both logged in and logged out, and it worked just fine. I may not be doing exactly what it is you are referring to.

Have you tried a different browser/computer? Does it happen there, too?
    Can you give me a list of the exact steps you take to see this problem?
    Can you also tell me what browser/OS you are using?

Please give us as much info as you can think of, as it may help us to help you!
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 1, 2009
    I have bugged this to our programmers. It appears that if you have portfolio pricing set, and set the gallery pricing back to the defaults it causes the conflict. You need to price at least 1 penny above default if you have portfolio set. Try that for a work around and it should work. Hopefully we can get this fixed soon.

--Doc
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2009
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Darren,

Welcome to Digital Grin wave.gif

Can you give me some more info, please? I just tried adding the photo to the cart, both logged in and logged out, and it worked just fine. I may not be doing exactly what it is you are referring to.

Have you tried a different browser/computer? Does it happen there, too?
    Can you give me a list of the exact steps you take to see this problem?
    Can you also tell me what browser/OS you are using?

Please give us as much info as you can think of, as it may help us to help you!

Mac Firefox:
    macfirefox.jpg

Vista IE:
    vista.jpg

I've attempted to include screenshots.

I have the same problem Mac (OS 10.5) Firefox and in Vista Explorer. The person who brought the problem to my attention is using Mac Safari.

You can see in the screenshots that the 8x10 lustre option (which has pro pricing applied) was successfully added to the cart, but the 8x10 glossy option just spins indefinitely.
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2009
    docwalker wrote:
    I have bugged this to our programmers. It appears that if you have portfolio pricing set, and set the gallery pricing back to the defaults it causes the conflict. You need to price at least 1 penny above default if you have portfolio set. Try that for a work around and it should work. Hopefully we can get this fixed soon.

--Doc

Thanks. Didn't see this before my other response. I will do this for now.
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 1, 2009
    Setting back to the defaults after portfolio pricing has been set has been a problem for a while. It causes a loop. That is why we have suggested using 1 penny above defaults. This also allows the order to be tracked as items that are sold at the defaults are not tracked.

I have let the programmers know that this has popped back up. Hopefully we can get it fixed soon.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com