Options

Can we bring our motorcycle...

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited May 2, 2009 in Weddings
Engagement shoot from last weekend. They wanted a few shots on their custom motorcycle....the ultimate brides accessory lol.
The gal had the hardest time getting to that relaxed place where the good pictures are, took about 45 minutes but we got there eventually.
I had a great time shooting the motorcycle shots, what a sweet looking bike?
These were all shot with my regular setup of sb800 on a stand with a 30" softbox.
Click on the slide show button when you get to the link and you can click through them as fast as you like.
http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/gallery/8064441_7nVVP

Comments

• Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    Nice Zoomer. I really like the incorporation of the bike. #7, which is a side shot of the full length of the bike and couyple noving is my fave... all grained out it looks really nice.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    picturegirlpicturegirl Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    clap.gif Awesome set of pics! I don't know if I would be able to pick a favorite :D

Just curious, what kind of light stands and boxes are you using with that flash. I shoot with Canon equipment and the flash stands I have, (which were the only ones I could find) are really flimsy where I attach my flash. The actual stands are really nice though. I would like to use a larger shoot threw box but I'm not sure how I would attach it??
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2009
    Thanks Matt, that is one of my favs as well.

Picturegirl, I am just using cheapo stands and attachments.
    I used superglue to firm up the attachment gizmo the flash attaches to, they were nice and solid after that.
    I use an umbrella softbox, really cheap, and easy to use.
    It goes through a hole in the flash attachment gizmo that attaches the flash to the stand, takes like 2 seconds to set the whole thing up, weighs next to nothing complete with the cheapo stands. The flash is the heaviest part of the whole deal.

clap.gif Awesome set of pics! I don't know if I would be able to pick a favorite :D

Just curious, what kind of light stands and boxes are you using with that flash. I shoot with Canon equipment and the flash stands I have, (which were the only ones I could find) are really flimsy where I attach my flash. The actual stands are really nice though. I would like to use a larger shoot threw box but I'm not sure how I would attach it??
  • Options
    picturegirlpicturegirl Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    zoomer wrote:
    Thanks Matt, that is one of my favs as well.

Picturegirl, I am just using cheapo stands and attachments.
    I used superglue to firm up the attachment gizmo the flash attaches to, they were nice and solid after that.
    I use an umbrella softbox, really cheap, and easy to use.
    It goes through a hole in the flash attachment gizmo that attaches the flash to the stand, takes like 2 seconds to set the whole thing up, weighs next to nothing complete with the cheapo stands. The flash is the heaviest part of the whole deal.

Thanks for that info! Sounds like we have pretty similar equipment. There is a spot for me to attach the umbrella so I will have to try that next time!! I have been thinking about glueing some of the parts to make the parts more sturdy, guess I will have to try that too :)
  • Options
    sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2009
    #27 on the bike is a super shot I am sure they will love
    Sheri Johnson
    Atlanta, GA USA
    my smugmug
    Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
    SheriJohnsonPhotography.com
  • Options
    edited May 2, 2009
    Thanks Sheri,
    The bike shots were a lot of fun.
    They were such a fun couple which always helps.