Options

I want better Black & White Portraits

Purest Light PhotographyPurest Light Photography Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited May 2, 2009 in Technique
I currently have a Sony dSLR350x but I am not getting the black and white portraits I would like. I do mostly Natural Light Portraits of children and babies and my black & whites always seem flat and dull. I'm looking for something deeper. I have used the black and white setting on my camera but I prefer to use color and change it in afterwords. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :D

Comments

• Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2009
    Nik Filters
    I like Nik Filters - I used Color Efx - a photoshop or lightroom plug in. They have one called Silver EFX which I am thinking about adding to my collection. i looked at it at a convention and it allows you to change small areas of an image.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    Purest Light PhotographyPurest Light Photography Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited May 2, 2009
    Thank you
    Thank you so much where do I find that?

ChatKat wrote:
    I like Nik Filters - I used Color Efx - a photoshop or lightroom plug in. They have one called Silver EFX which I am thinking about adding to my collection. i looked at it at a convention and it allows you to change small areas of an image.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2009
    are you shooting raw or jpg???

What Post processing software do you use??

Nik Color Efex ..........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website