Options

Street musician

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
edited May 4, 2009 in Street and Documentary
527429274_BGrah-L.jpg

C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    Very nice. Like the contrast on the conversion. I like the little flare on sax at the mouth piece.

Does he have somthing strapped to his back? Can you clone that out? Also, I'd crop out the half of that dude on the right side.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Technically I like it, but everyone in the photo seems to be looking at something out of the frame... including the musician! Did you get any frames where the bystanders were focused on him while he was playing? I think that would make for a stronger photo, personally.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    NIce image, Richard, and solid conversion! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Because there is no interaction between the musician and the people in the background, I'd consider cropping to a square format with the musician not quite centered. I'd include the lamp, but not the big rectangular light colored sign. You'd get two guys ignoring him, which makes your point, but the composition would work better.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited May 4, 2009
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. The lack of interaction was quite intentional in this one. He's a good musician and was being totally ignored, not uncommon for street players. The thing on his back was actually an accordion being played by another musician.

How's this?
    528264076_HZTQk-L.jpg
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    I think your original crop delivered your original intention (being ignored) better. ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"