SessionID inactivity timeout

lildudelildude Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
Hi there

Does anyone (possibly devbobo or Andy?) know what the SessionID inactivity timeout is?

To be more specific, when logging in with one of the login.with* calls, the SessionID is returned. How long is this SessionID valid for if I don't use it again for another call?

I've found that if I reuse the SessionID on regular intervals, say every 2 hours, it seems to be accepted indefinitely, however if I leave it for an extended period of time, say overnight, the SessionID is no longer valid, and I need to relogin.

Cheers,
Colin

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 21, 2008
    Hey Colin,

I believe that it times out after 6 hours of inactivity.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • lildudelildude Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    Thanks David.
  • winstonwinston Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Hi,

Is 6 hours definitive as the timeout for the session id? Reason I ask is I'm testing a smugmug provider for a Drupal module that I'm developing. I'm working on a dev machine so I have directly access to the database. I'm definitely sending requests to the smugmug api using a sessionid I originally retrieved (and haven't used since) 23.5 hours ago.

Perhaps it is the case that session ids sometimes work longer than others because of some internal smugmug api implementation? That said, I definitely have to know definitively what is the minimum time which smugmug "might" invalidate a sessionid so I can avoid unnecessary errors (or unnecessary complication) in my code.

Smugmug and the api are awesome! Thanks in advance.

Peter