Options

Mega 4 - Energy

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
edited May 17, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I've been working hard on reshooting and refining my concept as show in this thread.

And here's that I've come up with, any suggestions would be awesome, cause I've been staring at light "swirls" for so long now that I can't decide a winner! :rofl

1) I think my leading candidate:
537055005_LoZYE-L.jpg

2)With just one of the swirls from #1
537062212_X5HPm-L.jpg

3) Some Different colors:
537061512_M5ZLs-L.jpg

4)
537058075_MniKy-L.jpg

5) And because 2a.m. brings about some craziness...
537056121_UfFx5-L.jpg

6) What about a really "simple" one?
537057447_HWmLD-L.jpg

And that's all I'll post, a couple more variations can be seen here But they're small enough variations that it didn't make sense to post. Like I said, any suggestions would be GREAT!!

Thanks! :thumb
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2009
    i like the swirls of #3 best, personally i would think the drink color should be green to match the swirls...

but now that i think of it green seems to mean energy to me when thinking a drink... maybe its all the Monster ads....eek7.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2009
    i like the swirls of #3 best, personally i would think the drink color should be green to match the swirls...

but now that i think of it green seems to mean energy to me when thinking a drink... maybe its all the Monster ads....eek7.gif

Thanks for the quick response, Aaron! thumb.gif

The drink might be more difficult to alter the color, but I can certainly try it later tonight!
    Otherwise I can see if I have time to do some shots with a Mountain Dew bottle... and excuse to buy more Dew... rolleyes1.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2009
    Swirls on #1 and color on #3.. I like the contrasting color and "green" is a good pick... The way you shot #1 is best... What are you using as a light source? The reason I ask is because on some of them your ending your cycle towards the lens.. I like # 1 and #3 because it looks like you started at the bottom and exited up top.. a much cleaner look..

Aaron is right, however, if you color that liquid green inside be sure to "leave" the inner yellow glow, otherwise you are going to lose the contrasting coloration and that is what makes it energetic..thumb.gif in the end I vote #3 with green and yellow liquid..clap.gif

Kat
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2009
    pm'ing u
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2009
    2 & 4 are pretty awesome
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2009
    #2 for me! thumb.gif Love the simplicity of the swirls.
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2009
    #2 and #3 for me rolleyes1.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2009
    Thanks for the responses everyone! thumb.gif

Aaron, you could have posted that pm here... Maybe it's because I was up past 3 a.m., but it did crack me up! :D

Kat, I've got a couple set up shots I can post after the challenge closes, if you'd like to see 'em, but pretty much the light swirls were a tiny maglite on a string! I've got several hundred swirls and managed to pick these as the best out of the lot of them.
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2009
    Lookin forward to your final draft
    Awesome Chris. That would be neat to see.. always learning something new on here... you managed to turn out some good ones here....wings.gif

can't wait to see your final draft...

Katthumb.gif
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2009
    I think I like #2 - the swirls look like they're coming FROM the bottle, which is pretty cool.

Please do post a "behind the scenes" at some point - the lighting is fascinating!
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2009
    3 for me. love the texture of the 'swirls' in 2 but the contrasting colors in 3
    E
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2009
    OK, the shift to green wasn't as hard as I thought it might be, so here's a couple green ones... Any thoughts on these?

A) (Yup, I lost track of the numbers, so I'm switching to letters!! :D )
    537915253_dw7Ek-L.jpg

B)
    537917654_7ADmg-L.jpg

And thanks for all the comments and suggestions everyone!! thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2009
    I like the first; for some reason the cleaner lines are more attractive to me. The green reminds me of krypton.

Nice...
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2009
    I Like A
    I like what you did with A and agree with the appeal of the clean simple lines..

I noticed you lost the yellow glow in the processing of the green conversion. I was wondering if that was going to happen.. it lost its contrasting edge, but still looks good....

A- looks sharp..
    nice job...thumb.gif

Kat
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    I like the first; for some reason the cleaner lines are more attractive to me. The green reminds me of krypton.

Nice...

Thank you Eia! :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2009
    I like what you did with A and agree with the appeal of the clean simple lines..

I noticed you lost the yellow glow in the processing of the green conversion. I was wondering if that was going to happen.. it lost its contrasting edge, but still looks good....

A- looks sharp..
    nice job...thumb.gif

Kat

I did everything I could to preserve that inner yellow glow, Kat. Unfortunately nothing brought it back without seriously degrading image quality. I'll try a couple more tricks tomorrow before I submit the final, so keep your fingers crossed! :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2009
    K
    Awesome...

Question: did ya try to utilize the selective color function? perhaps you can pump the yellow back in this way under the green or yellow choice..? or maybe use a mask and lightly brush it back in? hmm..

look forward to seeing it.. : they look great either way...clap.gif

Best of luck...thumb.gif
    Kat
  • Options
    The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    I like the 3 of the first batch and 2 of the second.
    I like the difference in the color of the drink and the swirls, it makes it seem that drink is a real jolt of energy.