Options

New Smugmug Printing Reviews and ... Canvas Printint

crowcrow Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
edited May 20, 2009 in Finishing School
Noticed the email sent about the new printing company that smugmug is siding with, Bay Photo, can't wait to try them; Although, Ive never had issues with WHCC.

Ive had canvas wraps printed numerous times thru SimplyCanvas.com and love their product and customer service. But the shipping on large pieces can really kill you. I ordered a 24"x70" print and the shipping was out to Pluto (granted I understand its bulkiness)

Has smugmug done such a review, and moreover, has anyone ordered canvas prints from companies based in the Southern Cal area ? It should save a grip on the shipping if I could pick up locally.
jfghckgvlhyvluijhb;ijol m,lll

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited May 15, 2009
    I looked at their website, but they will not allow one to see their pricing without signing up first, and I, for one, do not sign up for a wing and a prayer.

I am interested in some gallery wraps, but want to have some idea of their costs before I sign up.ne_nau.gif

Do you have an idea of their price for a 20x30 inch gallery wrap, for instance.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2009
    pathfinder wrote:
    I looked at their website, but they will not allow one to see their pricing without signing up first, and I, for one, do not sign up for a wing and a prayer.

I am interested in some gallery wraps, but want to have some idea of their costs before I sign up.ne_nau.gif

Our prices, for Bay & EZP: http://www.smugmug.com/prints/catalog/abp
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited May 15, 2009
    Andy wrote:

My point exactly, Smugmug is up front about pricing, and does not require promises to see them.thumb.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    crowcrow Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited May 20, 2009
    pathfinder wrote:

a 20x20 is priced at $106 plus shipping (I believe would be $15.00); in comparison I recently ordered a 18x24, with shipping it came out to $129.00.

I came across them thru rave user reviews on dpreview.com. Itll be like many products we photo junkies buy, you take people's words/reviews for it.
    Shipping on really large pieces is very high, understandably so.
    jfghckgvlhyvluijhb;ijol m,lll