Options

The Morning Garden

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited May 26, 2005 in Holy Macro
23042615-L.jpg

Saw this on my way to the beach, had to grab it, though I did take flower shots later, there was no cat later. Love the cat!

Does no one want to comment on my baby ospreys? They don't look like they have feathers, they look naked, that makes tham look like a dinasaur (sp), or something. Maybe that is what they are. (They are on the bird forum)

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2005
    I think these colors are just wonderful Ginger! That cat looks quite full of attitude too!thumb.gif
  • Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2005
    Beautiful, Ginger. Lovely colors!!! clap.gif

AJ
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2005
    I love this Ginger clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2005
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2005
    Thank you all. I love that garden, so when I saw the cat, I just stopped in the middle of the street. A few people came behind me, they had to go around.

My dogs DID NOT bark. I was really glad on that, but the cat was not there long at all.

g
  • Options
    mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2005
    Great English garden shot
    ginger_55 wrote:
    23042615-L.jpg

And where did you find a stuffed cat to set there--cat makes the shot-congratulations///Mereimage
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2005
    It was a real cat. I PS'd the collar off of the cat, that is all.

Also, I am not sure how the cat ended up that color. I have not wanted to mention that because I was basking in all the nice things people were saying. The cat appeared to be a long hair dark grey cat. Just enjoying the garden.

The problem was that there is a white string around the flowers so that people like me won't trample it. That somewhat dictated how I could shoot the cat and avoid even more PS work. Sometimes god gives me gifts like that. Left to my own devices heaven only knows how I could have messed up the composition, or not made it as nice as it is.
    Mostly I worked it up normally, maybe levels, maybe curves, a bit, cloned the collar off, saturation, with individual attention to certain colors, such as yellow.

I had planned to shoot daisies after the beach. USM and that is all.

The very real cat got spooked and took off like a shot. Since two photos were totally out of focus, that was my one "shot" at the cat.

It sure has been nice of everyone to say such nice things. I think I had a productive day. My eyes are burning now. I was working on some more flower photos, but, as you say, "how can I top the one with the cat?".

I have not done one of my dogs, how thoughtless. Well I did, one of them shut in the hot car while I shot flowers, after the beach.

I could get out of the car then. Too bad I couldn't get out, not with the dogs loose in the car, when I did the osprey babies. I did plan to check that out, but I have been doing that weekly. Did it just the other day. It would be my luck to see those babies in the situation I was in.

Good productive day, though.

ginger (thanks again and to all, thanks)
  • Options
    jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2005
    ginger,

i love this shot. i spent a few minutes looking into it. cool how the flowers seems to point to one side and there is a potential space off to the right. great comp!

-jeff
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2005
    Beautiful Ginger.
    I love the colors and the compthumb.gif
  • Options
    jensojenso Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 26, 2005
    This is a great shot. The flowers really pop, and it takes a sec to notice the cat lurking in the corner. Great composition!
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2005
    Ginger
    Beautiful shot ..colors that pop!:D
    The cat really makes the shot

Thanks
    Fred
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 26, 2005