Options

Wallpaper?

SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
edited April 28, 2004 in The Big Picture
I've been perusing as many threads as I can lately (whilst compiling a new Gentoo kernel, we'll see how much better this really is compared to RH9), and some folks are posting AMAZING shots. For instance, in the clouds thread, flowers, and Damon's Shanghai series. Do you folks have any rules or other means by which people can share pix (should they so choose) for adding pix to be used as wallpaper? On wetwebmedia we sometimes choose pix (usually the daily pix, but since I'm taking over for the next couple of months it won't be happening.. unless I figure that out!) that are linked such that folks can download the full-sized image for wallpaper. Bob's got all his piccies watermarked for this, and it's very popular.

Since it seems that this is a relatively new site, and it seems that some issues haven't quite been addressed, it popped into my head so I thought I'd toss it out there. Is this a feature that already exists and I've missed it? Sorry, I haven't gone to the smugmug site, so if that's what I'm missing then.. spank me! :D
Youth and Enthusiasm
Are No Match For
Age and Treachery

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2004
    Sea, the short answer is no.

The long answer gets into the copyright nightmare. Some folks here sell their work, and understandably wouldn't want to give it away.

For that reason, we might never see here, what you describe.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2004
    Which reminds me waxy...I've got a photo of Mad Russian. Wanna buy it? deal.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2004
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    LoadedagainLoadedagain Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited April 28, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Which reminds me waxy...I've got a photo of Mad Russian. Wanna buy it? deal.gif
    dime a dozen........

878294-M.jpg
  • Options
    geckogecko Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited April 28, 2004
    until such time as i say otherwise anything i post here is public domain (as if im worried )
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2004
    ruskie looks like the lost teletubbie ! all he needs is a coat hanger on his head.