Options

Join me in a beach splash...

NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
edited May 27, 2005 in Wildlife
'Twas a beautiful day in Laguna...I need to go more often!!!!
P.S. do you only allow one pic per post? Thanks...5079348-O.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited June 15, 2004
    Netgarden wrote:
    P.S. do you only allow one pic per post? Thanks...
    Attaching more than one is frowned upon (or at least I think so), but linked ones like you have there are quite often more than one per post. So post away!

PS. welcome!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    BryanBryan Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2004
    Laguna? Were you there on vacation or are you a local?

I live about 15 minutes from that cliff. I have yet to take the dRebel there...Now I have a new mission :-)
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Attaching more than one is frowned upon (or at least I think so), but linked ones like you have there are quite often more than one per post. So post away!

PS. welcome!
    Not only is attaching more than one frowned upon, I dont think it will let you do it. If you are linking them, I dont believe there is a limit but too many often makes me forget the first couple my the time I get to the end. I ussually limit myself to three.

Nice shot by the way, I think I would clone out the people on the bottom edge, in or out, halfway is a bit distracting.
  • Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2004
    Thanks everyone. I tried to link 3 photos and it wouldn't let me. [they are greatly reduced bytes, so I assume I either missed one more click, or there are byte/photo limits?]

I live 20 minutes inland....bit bit further in the smog than you, Bryan....lol

Can someone tell me what the trick is? I am aware of byte problems, but once in a while pictures just need to be together like to tell a story or surroundings??

I kind of liked the people in it...otherwise it looked like all the rest of the photos...boring! Kidding aside, the large file size was really nice. Thanks!
    [I used the insert image button]:D
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2004
    Hi Net wave.gif No limit on the linked images, not sure why you had a problem. The only limitation is on attached images.

Here's a thread that explains how it works, maybe it will help answer your questions. Please let us know if you continue to have problems, we'll work it out with you.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2005
    wave.gif welcome to dgrin, linda! i'm so glad you decided to join us here :D

you're an asset to the board already!
    i could dive into this shot lol3.gif
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,006 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2005
    Netgarden wrote:
    Thanks everyone. I tried to link 3 photos and it wouldn't let me. [they are greatly reduced bytes, so I assume I either missed one more click, or there are byte/photo limits?]

Can someone tell me what the trick is? I am aware of byte problems, but once in a while pictures just need to be together like to tell a story or surroundings??

I kind of liked the people in it...otherwise it looked like all the rest of the photos...boring! Kidding aside, the large file size was really nice. Thanks!
    just hit reply and post the next shot not 3 or even 2 in the same frame thumb.gif welcome
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    Of all the places my cousin took me to last week (I was visiting her, she lives in Orange)... Laguna beach was my favorite by far to photograph... such a gorgeous place, and there were lots of engaged couples and models down there doing random shoots too- so that was pretty neat...I went close to sunset though, so I missed being able to see a bright blue ocean shore...

I hope I get to go there again sometime, but I live in NY, so visiting CA isn't the most often thing since it's not the most affordable....
  • Options
    SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    Gorgeous shot! Looks like an oasis.clap.gifclap.gif Welcome to dgrin. I remember you from another forum that I used to read and always enjoyed your posts.

Susan
  • Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    Hello Linda!!!!!clap.gif

Like others, I'm very happy to see your name and look at your pics here!!!! You're going to love it here Linda, looking forward to seeing your work on a more regular basis once again!!!! Oh and nice first shot! thumb.gif Welcome!

AJ
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    Netgarden wrote:
    P.S. do you only allow one pic per post? Thanks...
    Hiya Linda,

I hope that's a S . .... oops wrong forum. Its great seeing you over here and I hope you hang around. Good shot. clap.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    Nice post, Netgarden.........love the composition. The water is so clear, reminds me of the Bahamas.

Yes, we post more than one. Though, Greaper has a point.......I post a bunch, sometimes a bunch together, people see "one".

But sometimes they see one I would not have really thought much of. It is a quandary for me. Recently I have been posting one, no time, and it has worked well, but it is our choice, really.

ginger (welcome)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    Welcome to dgrin, Linda
    Oh boy, I was just reading Phil's thread in that other forum! Geesh. I don't think anyone missed me at all when I stopped participating. I've checked in once a month or so, but the tone changed so much from when I first was reading it, it wasn't productive to spend much time there.

It's a shame because some people's photos I used to enjoy but their responses in the forum are just "not nice."

It's much nicer over here :):

Laguna, huh? It's nice down there, but about 8 hours south of me. I just came back from one week on Long Island, NY attending a 50th wedding anniversary party for my aunt and uncle. Lots of pictures to process.

Just make sure your photos are under 117 kb when you attach them in the forum. You are allowed one per message, but if you hit reply (reply to your own post) you can add another, etc. Check out how Harry Behret links his for an example. Or you can link as many as you want if you have a smugmug account, or you can link them from pbase, photobucket, etc.

One of the options on photobucket is to show the IMG code and URL, and you just have to copy/paste that into the body of your message here and it will show up.

If you're using a different site,Look after the Bold Italic Underline and paragraph options to click on the yellow box with the mountain and sun in it (to get the proper IMG coding), paste your link, and click the yellow mountain/sun box again to close the IMG code.

I'm still learning all the ins and outs myself. Do you have an online album?
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    Where are my Speedos?
    I want to jump in!!!biggrinbounce2.gif
    5079348-M.jpg
    Nice shot and nice to see you here.clap.gif
  • Options
    KirwinKirwin Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    The water looks "fine"! I think I'll visit the coast this weekend! Welcome to D Grin!:D
    Regards,
    Kirwin
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    Netgarden wrote:

When I suggested removing the people, I was not refering to the ones in the water. I think they make the shot. I was talking about the one right on the bottom edge that is just a head and shoulders in the shot.