Options

Suggestions for Scotland

Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
I will be in Scotland from 23 - 27 May on a vaction. Unforently it is with a tour group so I won't have a car but I will have afternoons and evenings free. The tour starts in Edinburgh, stops at Balmoral Castle in the Highlands and contiues on to Glasgow. Does any one have any suggestions on intersting places to photograph along the way or must sees. I like doing scenery.

My other question is do you have a lens suggestion i'm debating taking only one.

Thank you for your suggestions in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Chris HChris H Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    Any idea of the route? I would imagine you'll be doing a circular tour so may well end up on the west coast at some point. If you know where your stops will be I'd be happy to mark up a google map for you.
  • Options
    Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2009
    The route itself is pretty vague. As I said we start Edinburgh and wil be there for 2 days, then head north through Dee Valley, then follow the Wiskey Trail up to Aviemore. Then we stop at Loch Ness and continue pass Ben Nevis with a stop at Loch Lomond and then continue on to Glasgow. Then we are in Glasgow for a day before returning to Edinburgh by train.
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2009
    You'll not go far wrong then
    To be honest, I could mark up a map showing some of the best locations, but it will entirely depend on how much time you have and where you stop.

Glad to see you'll be heading on a circular tour east to west, I'm sure you'll take in the usual hotspots, Pitlochry, Aberfeldy, Loch Tay, Loch Lomond. The stretch of coast from fort William down to Oban is awesome, you can't go wrong for photography.

I doubt you'll have time to go down Glen Etive, but it's pretty photography rich too if you do get the chance:

514591011_kkYjw-L-1.jpg
  • Options
    TbiaforeTbiafore Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Amazing image chris. Is that image an HDR or multiple images you have posted here? It seems so vibrant.

--Thor
    www.NerdGodPhotography.com <-- Come check it out!
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2009
    Thanks for looking. Yes it's HDR. Most images on my site are (though not all!) I try not to overcook it, just enough to make you wonder.