A Couple of Early Racing Corvettes And An Outstanding Bugatti

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited May 31, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
549663363_7dWUR-XL.jpg

549663471_yRyd2-XL.jpg

549663398_7yrTa-XL.jpg

549663454_qF5ks-XL.jpg

549663548_H9iMh-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    Really nice examples of the glory days of the American automotive industry those first two Tom. Well capturedthumb.gifthumb

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    Hi Tom........1957....The year I graduated from high school... Brings back a lot of memories... Thanks for sharing........ azzaro
  • Options
    Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    Hi black mamba, The only shot I really liked was the last one of the old old old racer, It was really well done.

"nothing personal against you or your work, I just don't fancy corvettes at all, I know I'm an American who doesn't like vettes.
  • Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    Howdy Tom,

Another great series of well shot images, and the History you've included really is neat, I can't believe how neat that one was where he took delivery of is, drove all night, to race the next Morning I'll bet that was quite a "Night Drive"

Take care, and Have a Great Weekend,

Craig
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    And which one is yours Tom :D .... or are these dream Toys for the Boys.

I like the Blue one thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    Hi Jack,

The '57 Vette is one of my all-time favorites. I didn't get my own first Vette unti 1967.....I traded in a 1964 GTO for it. Gosh, I really miss those years and the kind of cars we had to chose from.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    Hi Azzaro,

Weren't those great times. I'm afraid this country is never again going to enjoy the peace and serenity we had then.

Tom
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    Hey Chile Chef....

To each his own. I, personally, have loved some Corvettes.....not cared too much for others. The " coke bottle " series, starting with the '68 model, are my least favorite. But the Corvette is a true icon of American motoring if there has ever been one.

Tom
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    Hey Craig,

I wish there was some way to share the experience of a show like this with some of you guys....until then, I'll just have to post the pictures that I take. I'm glad they strike a positive cord with those that share my passion for these things.

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    Hi Skippy,

Somehow I knew that the older car ( Bugatti ) would be the one to strike your fancy. My brother-in-law and I are in the process of acquiring a '66 Corvette that we will restore for everyday street use. It won't be a show car....just something we can use to step back in time with and have a good time.

Please post some more pictures.

Tom
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    Outstanding work as always, Tom! These are beautiful shots of a couple of beautiful cars.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather