Options

Books

RobbugRobbug Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
edited June 1, 2009 in Technique
I am preparing to go on vacation with the fam making a huge loop around the US (Seattle, WA - Highpoint, NC - Monterey, CA, via the South West, and back to Seattle. Up to now I have been "studying" techniques, post-processing, composition etc to prepare. With about 3 days left I am now in "Cram" mode. I feel like its a one-shot exam to get the best photos and still enjoy the vacation. (Other cram job is to figure out all the stops). Anyways, I picked up some great books that were recommended here on Dgrin. "The Photographer's Eye" by Michael Freeman and "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. I devoured "Understanding Exposure" in about 4 hours taking time to practice some of his techniques. I love the book and am thinking it will make a great reference later. (Wife jokingly said since I got the book and read it in one day I should return it.....I gave her the "evil-eye".) I am looking at the second book and am floored. It is purely about composition and is right up my alley.

So to my question...for the next month I will be photographing the following (hoping to):
1. Landscapes - duh eh? :D
2. Family with small kids
3. Casual wedding - not asked to but one of the GWC's
4. Extended family
5. Night sky
6. Astrophotography - an area which I already understand but lack the nice toy's :D
7. More Landscapes

So with that am I missing any other great reference to study prior to leaving or to review while out? Any inputs would be greatly appreciative.
www.refractivephotos.com

The Holy Trinity of Photography - Light, Color, and Gesture

Comments

• Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2009
    did you check the book section in dgrin? look at the tab near the top of the page thumb.gif
    //Leah
  • Options
    RobbugRobbug Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2009
    Nope, never saw that tab Laughing.gif. Guess I need to read around a bit more. Thanks. Welp that answered my question thanks :D
    www.refractivephotos.com

The Holy Trinity of Photography - Light, Color, and Gesture