Options

Classics

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited June 2, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I happened upon a classic car show at a local park yesterday. I had no idea they were having it. I was lucky enough to have my camera with me - I pretty much always do. Only had my Tokina 11-16mm Ultrawide lens with me so I couldn't get in for those really tight shots. It's a small park so they didn't leave much room between each car so it was tough to compose shots where there weren't things in the BG detracting from the subject.

Here are a few of my favorites along with a link to the gallery:

Link to Gallery

551059826_pvHaU-L.jpg

551052413_3EU3s-L.jpg

551014082_C7qt3-XL.jpg

551018950_ZXeRm-XL.jpg

551025262_Rvh8b-L.jpg

551027035_qff9C-L.jpg

551033387_Cweui-XL.jpg

551152348_9J5BN-XL.jpg

551071453_uDuFe-XL.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    Howdy,

Really well seen and shot.

Like the perspectives you've chose to shoot at, really adds an air of drama to them.

Very nicely done.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy,

Really well seen and shot.

Like the perspectives you've chose to shoot at, really adds an air of drama to them.

Very nicely done.

Thanks Craig. I think I am finally getting the hang of shooting with my ultrawide lens. It also helped to be shooting such beautiful subjects.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    Nice work. Shooting at car shows is never as easy many folks think. You did well with the constraints you faced.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    Nice work. Shooting at car shows is never as easy many folks think. You did well with the constraints you faced.

Tom

Thanks Tom. Yeah, lots going on. People everywhere, cars were really close together, then you had the owners setup in their lawn chairs and all their junk near their cars. I really had to get up close and personal when shooting. Had to really find the right angles to crop out all the clutter.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    I happened upon a classic car show at a local park yesterday. I had no idea they were having it. I was lucky enough to have my camera with me - I pretty much always do. Only had my Tokina 11-16mm Ultrawide lens with me so I couldn't get in for those really tight shots. It's a small park so they didn't leave much room between each car so it was tough to compose shots where there weren't things in the BG detracting from the subject.

Here are a few of my favorites along with a link to the gallery:

Link to Gallery

Ohhhhh these are really sweet !

I really like No. 8 nod.gif you had a really successful day shooting didnt you.
    I've looked at these shots a couple of times, and as many of you know I am soooooooo not into cars rolleyes1.gif

I feel guilty when I see those cars so clean and shining,
    mine is in need of a dang good wash and polish.

Thanks for sharing, Great Series clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    Really love the ultra-wides. #1, 2, 8 and 9 my favourites. Good job on the comps. thumb.gifthumb

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    SteelafanSteelafan Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    Great shot all? Did you run any of these through post processing?
    :patch Searching for that one shot that counts. The never ending quest to make people say "wow".:huh

http://asphotoworks.com
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Really love the ultra-wides. #1, 2, 8 and 9 my favourites. Good job on the comps. thumb.gifthumb

Thanks John. 9 is probably my favorite pic.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    Steelafan wrote:
    Great shot all? Did you run any of these through post processing?

Yes, I did some post work on a couple to clone out some distracting items. The rest was just basic stuff, maybe some clarity bump and use of the recovery slider here and there. It was around noon when I shot so it was harsh when the sun would shine through the clouds.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    Ohhhhh these are really sweet !

I really like No. 8 nod.gif you had a really successful day shooting didnt you.
    I've looked at these shots a couple of times, and as many of you know I am soooooooo not into cars rolleyes1.gif

I feel guilty when I see those cars so clean and shining,
    mine is in need of a dang good wash and polish.

Thanks for sharing, Great Series clap.gif .... Skippy :D

Thanks Skippy. Glad you enjoyed them. It was really a treat since I was on my way home to do nothing when I saw the event happening at the park. Really great.

The guy that owns the Bel Air gave me his card and asked if I could email him a sample of the pictures I took of his car. Who knows, maybe I get to shoot his car again. thumb.gif

My Smug Site
  • Options
    grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2009
    Nice looking set of shots. I really like the angles on 2, 4, and 5.
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2009
    grimace wrote:
    Nice looking set of shots. I really like the angles on 2, 4, and 5.

Thanks Grimmace.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    Nice use of your WA lens thumb.gif

That 57 Chevy has me drooling on my keyboard iloveyou.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Nice use of your WA lens thumb.gif

That 57 Chevy has me drooling on my keyboard iloveyou.gif

Thanks. I really love this lens. Very sharp. Produces wonderful tones and contrast too. I'm finally starting to learn how to use a wide angle. At first, I would get completely lost in the view finder. I'm finding that the trick is to get up close and personal with your subject.

The 57 was by far the coolest vehicle there. Such a work of art.

My Smug Site