Options

18+ black and white

CloudnineCloudnine Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited June 2, 2009 in Go Figure
Hello good people:

I generally shoot landscapes and am largely a stranger to artifical lighting, but was inspired by watching some strobist DVDs lately. This was my first 'professional' indoor shoot, and I wanted to explore the relationships between black and white skin tone, and also learn about lighting in general.

The 'talent' produced some more challenges; like exposing for dark and light skin, but I tried to get around this largely by creative composition. I worked with two off camera flashes firing through umbrellas and occasionally another flash with a snoot.

Overall the shots are probably a bit too dark - but I am after an independent critique if you could spare some of your valuable time.

Thanks in advance

539403880_5ytUd-L.jpg

539404340_tgMXV-L.jpg

539402644_225ZR-L.jpg

539407475_ABnpB-L.jpg

539400114_h4WcM-L.jpg

539405714_rJapK-L.jpg

539400723_wjF4i-L.jpg

View the whole gallery by clicking here.

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2009
    Welcome to GoFigure!
    I think you did fine for the first time! Shooting different types of skin in one frame is hard no matter how much lighs you have. Shooting (M+F) couples is also harder than shooting singles or same gender groups.
    What do *you* think were your strongest and weakest points in this shoot?
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2009
    Jam up!
    Actually these are pretty nice, and nicely done, to my taste. I think these are well in line with what the Mod's originally intended.

thumb.gif
    tom wise
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    Sometimes I'm a bit dense. It took me several looks to "get" your title. Very nice.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.