Options

Hey all you sugmug wizards out there...

corbargarcorbargar Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
I was wondering .. is there anyway to find where or from whom hits are coming from?

My wife has one pic that keeps getting a large amount of unique hits .. we were wondering if it is linked somewhere ...

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    corbargar wrote:
    I was wondering .. is there anyway to find where or from whom hits are coming from?

My wife has one pic that keeps getting a large amount of unique hits .. we were wondering if it is linked somewhere ...
    When the picture is directly linked in a forum then you can just try to find it with google or another search engine. To avoid any further linking of the picture you could also turn off the direct linking for the album.

When it's not linked directly and the people are accessing it through a link to your smugmug album there is a solution for you. But you need a power or pro account. Then you can set up a counter on your smugmug-pages with the help of cobranding. I use www.statcounter.com for this purpose.

by the way: welcome to dgrin! clap.gif

Hope this helps. If not, don't be afraid to ask further questions.
    Have fun,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    jberd126jberd126 Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    To avoid any further linking of the picture you could also turn off the direct linking for the album.
    If you simply want to prevent the linking for that one image but keep direct linking enabled for your album you can duplicate it (make 2nd copy) and remove the original. I think it will carry over all the metadata (caption, keywords) and place the copy right after the original in the image order. If the original image was featured for a gallery or your bio you will need to fix that.

-J
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    Where's the best place in the cobranding to put such a counter, I'm thinking of signing up for that statcounter...
    When the picture is directly linked in a forum then you can just try to find it with google or another search engine. To avoid any further linking of the picture you could also turn off the direct linking for the album.

When it's not linked directly and the people are accessing it through a link to your smugmug album there is a solution for you. But you need a power or pro account. Then you can set up a counter on your smugmug-pages with the help of cobranding. I use www.statcounter.com for this purpose.

by the way: welcome to dgrin! clap.gif

Hope this helps. If not, don't be afraid to ask further questions.
    Have fun,
    Sebastian
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2005
    Shima wrote:
    Where's the best place in the cobranding to put such a counter, I'm thinking of signing up for that statcounter...
    I put it in the footer html section.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    corbargarcorbargar Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 27, 2005
    But sadly you cannot "trace a link" maybee even to an Identity?
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    Done :)

This log size thing though, it will only tell me the most recent 100 hits or something? I'm a bit confused about that.
    I put it in the footer html section.

Sebastian
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2005
    corbargar wrote:
    But sadly you cannot "trace a link" maybee even to an Identity?
    With tracing a link you mean when somebody inserts a photo of your homepage directly into a forum thread and you want to know where? No, that's not possible. Sorry. Sometimes I would like to have this feature, too. ne_nau.gif

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2005
    Shima wrote:
    Done :)

This log size thing though, it will only tell me the most recent 100 hits or something? I'm a bit confused about that.
    Log size of 100 means that you can see detailed statistics about the last 100 hits. For example which pages the unique visitors looked at and from where they came.
    That's simply the catch of the free version, to get you hooked to their features. If you want more, you have to pay for it. After all it's a business and they want to make money of it. mwink.gif

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero