Options

tethered transfer of files

Rocketman766Rocketman766 Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
edited June 6, 2009 in Technique
In my relentless search for a way to get my photos in front of customers at events ASAP, it hit me... shoot tethered. Now my question is, with an Xsi, can I shoot RAW+JPG and ONLY transfer the JPG shots to the desired folder? I looked for a setting that would allow this, but couldn't find one. I think this may be one more reason for me to mortgage the house again and buy the 1D MK III. I don't know if that can be done with that body either, but I figure it could by saving to both cards, if possible.

Comments

• Options
    mrlassitermrlassiter Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    Hmmm... what I do is simply open the folder, right click and select sort, type(ie jpg, nef, etc) this sorts them all according to type all the JPG's first, then the NEF's (Nikon Electronic Format), etc resulting in having all the JPG's together, then highlight them all at same time and copy to desired folder, or do you mean IN CAMERA?

HTH

-mrlassiter
  • Options
    Rocketman766Rocketman766 Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    Yes, I guess I meant in camera. Not sure if I explained it 100%. I would like to be able to only transfer the JPGs while shooting. Here's a brief explanation of why. My wife doesn't understand the benefit of shooting RAW, she only knows the files are much larger, therefore, slower to transfer. She thinks I should only shoot JPG so that way we can transfer the photos much quicker. Much of this comes from her not being the best with taking directions or being the most computer literate. Think I just solved part of my problem....hire someone else to run the booth!!!! (firing my wife will not be easy....)lol.