Options

#27 Tough Week, Help please

DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
edited June 7, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
It was a chaotic week at work but I did get the chance to shoot some. Lucky to be working in San Francisco Area
But I am having a tough time picking shot my brain has not caught up with me yet. SO i will post and ask the group that might have fresher eyes than I.
Plus I still have over 100 T Shirts to print before tomorrow I need to get those done
Most still need more PP but want opinions on shots and comp
Thank You in advance
556155688_MmzUV-L.jpg

2# Different Crop
556155214_wiye3-L.jpg

556156547_Q8MHc-L.jpg

556156104_uBX52-L.jpg

556154998_9TrDU-L.jpg

556154500_SQzaW-L.jpg

#7 Oops forgot this one
556351546_oRSYm-L.jpg
Chris K. NANPA Member
http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    #2 and #4 for me definitely -- I love the house on the hill the most. Perhaps try to increase the contrast a little bit more, but it is a beautiful capture!

With regards to the boats, maybe crop that shot to where there are boats all the way on the left to all the way on the right.

Great shots though!

Karl
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    Wow... without question for me it is #7. This is a really nice shot. Composition is really strong. I don't think I have ever seen this perspective of the bridge in a picture. Very nice.

The only thing I would suggest and is not critical is to maybe bring out a little more detail in the shadows of the rock and tone down the sky just a tad so that the eye is led away from the picture.

Very nice though!!

So how are you working this into the theme? That I am struggling with. headscratch.gif
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    I'm diggin' #4. thumb.gif Love the crop and love the way the sun is hitting the sails.
  • Options
    The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    Ok, I'm gonna make it harder, I like 2, I like the detail and the diagonal comp. All of them are really nice though. Sometimes having to many choices makes it difficult.

g
  • Options
    nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    If we strictly stick with the theme of the challenge, looking at these images as they are posted, I'd have to go with #4. They are all nice shots and have the potential to fit the theme with some minor tweaks.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    quote=richtersl]I'm diggin' #4. thumb.gif Love the crop and love the way the sun is hitting the sails.[/quote]

15524779-Ti.gif and I think it speaks the theme the best from your group ...nice capturethumb.gif
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    Definitely # 4, #6 or # 7

I love # 7 clap.gifclapclap.gif

awesome perspective... but the theme makes that one tough..
    but not if you call it "twins" or "sisters" or something along those lines to make the "2" in it stand out..

and #4 really speaks for the theme too..

Nice shots.!!!!

Kat
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    Thank You so much for the words on the shots. I was leaning towards the sail boats, because the theme it fit better and the arrangement. Have a lot of shots of them but most looked chaotic. The Bridge is one item but for the theme it has a lot of other things in it.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    #4 is a great shot and the best fit for the theme. thumb.gif Might want to look at lightening up the water a tad. #2 is probably the best composition and excellent exposure but not as well suited to the theme. (Having been chastised myself to keep the theme in mind! mwink.gif )
    Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    Anudder vote for #4! clap.gif
  • Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    I guess I'm the odd duck because I like 2, 5, and 7 and I think they all deliver on the theme in their own way. :D
  • Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2009
    #3,4 re great, #6,7 are pretty good
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section