Options

How's This One? Implied....

DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
edited June 8, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Obviously a SINGULAR subject in the photo, but the PLURAL part is implied yes? I see 3 in this photo cause they are Twins in there :)

And I dont think I have to ask you all know what Im lookin to hear!! Have at it!! Pleaaassseeeee!! haha.
557686351_xXj3p-L.jpg
<br/>#2
557857935_HSWxm-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    The concept is freaking awesome. Probably the best to fit the theme I've seen yet. However, I think a reshoot is in order here.

I think the shallow DOF is not working here. The belly is not in focus and the highlights are too harsh. Seems like the focal area is in the shadows. Also, her back being lit is detracting from her belly. I think you should place more of the belly in highlight area and have everything else in shadows. Last... is that her underwear? Kind of distracting.

Again, great freakin idea. I think you have yourself a winning concept, just needs a bit of work. Hope I helped.

- Alex
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited June 8, 2009
    Added a second picture...
  • Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    I cannot really add to what Cuban said... everything he said is exactly
    what you need to do to rework this.. I agree I love the idea and you are going
    places with it...

I will add that the underwear are just fine, except that it looks like there are
    (2) underwear lines or straps there..

My suggestion Google maternity belly photography... and you fill see what the pros
    are doing to shoot bellies and they have some awesome stuff too, perhaps it will
    help to give you an idea of different poses..

here is a link http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.portlandnewbornbabyphotographer.com/images/maternity/album/slides/maternity-photography.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.portlandnewbornbabyphotographer.com/images/maternity/album/html.php&h=740&w=534&sz=68&tbnid=GChwCRtwNH1GLM:&tbnh=141&tbnw=102&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmaternity%2Bphotography&hl=en&usg=__eGaAMqqCiqcxAapKM6mLLoZlbAY=&ei=G8csSvnKDKTYygWFktygBw&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=5&ct=image

AND................................

Congratulations to you and your wife... wow.. twins.. you better
    be catching up on that sleep while you can... Laughing.gifwings.gif

Kat
  • Options
    edited June 8, 2009
    This one is much improved.. I love it....thumb.gif

557857935_HSWxm-L.jpg[/quote]
  • Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Yup, #2.
    title could just be "Two". Or "three" if it's twins but that will be confusing if ppl don't know.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    #2clap.gif
  • Options
    edited June 8, 2009
    Yeah I agree with Pyro here.. title will be tricky... hmmm..

how about something like " 2 on board" or keep it simple and just call it something like, "precious cargo" or "burden of love", (not that a man could really appreciate that one).. hehehehe.. they get the easy part of the job...

or I dunnnooooo I am rambling...headscratch.gifscratchheadscratch.gif
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    There's very much a Yin/Yang quality to that second shot. Love the light and the composition. Awesome concept.

Caroline
  • Options
    edited June 8, 2009
    WOW!! Thanks guys! Yeah I went and did a reshoot, wasnt super happy with the way that one turned out either, but I did get this #2 picture that everyone is liking. Kinda hard to really try a lot of things when your model isnt very comfortable to begin with carrying those babies around!

Yes the title is gonna be tricky I agree...but thanks for your suggestions...and comments!!! And we sure are enjoying our time and sleep while it lasts!! Haha