Weekly Assignment #114: A Hard Week's End

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited June 9, 2009 in Assignments
As you have probaly already guessed, this time around we're going to create a faux LP cover mimicking one the famous Beatles' albums, A Hard Day's Night (if you have no idea what I'm talking about you may click here).
Your task is to create the cover that would follow the mood of the original.
One entry per person, original portraits must be fresh. You can use non-human subjects, too:-)
With your entry please provide both your final composite image and a few of the color originals that went into it (don't have to show them all just a few representative samples). Don't forget the details: title, label, etc.
Ready for the weekend? :wink
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Carolina_BlueCarolina_Blue Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    A Hard Year's End
    I always wondered why no one has posted to this thread, but after three days of putting together something, I now realize why. I went into this barely knowing how I'm going to put the composite together in PSE, as I've barely scratched the surface of all its functionalities. I know I probably could have refined it some more, but it's late and I'm tired. With a hefty bribe, I got my son to pose for me over the weekend. I took 19 or so poses, turned them to B&W and adjusted levels, brightness and contrast and added some noise (so that's deliberate on my part). Then thinking of the album title and the little logo of the recording company stomped me for a little while. In any case, here's my production. I hope this is what the assignment had in mind!

I'm posting three of the 20 shots taken. BTW, as a disclaimer, no child was asked to smoke a cigarette in this photo shoot!rolleyes1.gif What looks like a cig is a white quilting pencil!mwink.gif

hornetsalbum.jpg

Sample Shots:

nick3.jpgnick2.jpgnick1.jpg
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    I always wondered why no one has posted to this thread, but after three days of putting together something, I now realize why. I went into this barely knowing how I'm going to put the composite together in PSE, as I've barely scratched the surface of all its functionalities. I know I probably could have refined it some more, but it's late and I'm tired. With a hefty bribe, I got my son to pose for me over the weekend. I took 19 or so poses, turned them to B&W and adjusted levels, brightness and contrast and added some noise (so that's deliberate on my part). Then thinking of the album title and the little logo of the recording company stomped me for a little while. In any case, here's my production. I hope this is what the assignment had in mind!

I'm posting three of the 20 shots taken. BTW, as a disclaimer, no child was asked to smoke a cigarette in this photo shoot!rolleyes1.gif What looks like a cig is a white quilting pencil!mwink.gif
    Awesome! Thank you very much! clap.gif
    Yeah, some topics are harder than others... More power to ya! bowdown.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Carolina_BlueCarolina_Blue Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    Thank you! I actually have to re-do it over for print purposes as I have flattened this image significantly for posting. I'll also do a better job with the album label and banners and crop it to make sure it ends up a square, as it should be. I would frame or posterize it for my son's room as he deserves the credit. This assignment had pushed me to learn Photoshop in a very small timeframe...I truly appreciate your thinking about this!iloveyou.gif