Options

Kelsey & Miguel are getting married!!

Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
edited June 18, 2009 in Weddings
On July 11th I will have the honor of shooting Kelsey & Miguel's wedding. We got together this past Sunday at a great little winery in Temecula CA to do a little pre-wedding shoot for their guest registry book or photo depending on which they decide to do - lol

Here are a few from the day, C & C always welcome & appreciated

557350147_nKnh7-L-1.jpg

558817895_DHXNb-L.jpg

558822898_RLYYj-L.jpg

557350312_SbdMy-L-1.jpg

557351643_MNSfp-L-1.jpg

558827949_njppo-L.jpg

558828837_bKSAv-L.jpg

558823615_SXH8X-L.jpg

9. Oak Mountain Winery makes the best "No Oak" Chardonnay. Could not let leave without enjoying a glass
558834177_rPSxX-L.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look!!
Jeff Milo
MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com

Comments

• Options
    ScootersbabygirlScootersbabygirl Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    Some of the shots are very original, IMO anyway! I love where he's carrying her, and how you incorporated the winery into the photos...very nice!
  • Options
    KhristenKhristen Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif Love the winery shots!
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2009
    Thank you both for the kind words! The people at the winery were so great, they gave us complete access and actualy held customers outside for a few minutes while we took some shots all at NO location fee (I had contacted a few other wineries in the area that wanted between $350 and $500 for use of the grounds) Even picked up an extra improptu side shoot of the owners for their website which they paid me very handsomly for with a few bottles of wine. How do you beat that friday.gif
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    Really nice stuff Jeff! Great job using the vegitation in the foreground, and that gorgeous natural light by the casks. I especially like 3, 4, 5, 6 With 6 being my fave.

matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2009
    Thanks Matt. When i first saw #3 in my camera I though it was trash with the leaves covering her face so I had them move over just a bit which produced #4. When I started reviewing them on screen #3 really started to grow on me, I just really liked the spontaneity of it. For the shots in the winery as I was setting up the owner started to close the doors for us, I was like Nooooooooooooooo please don't close those could not have asked for better light at that time of day.
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    bloomphotogbloomphotog Registered Users Posts: 582 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Very nice stuff. I would warm up some of the photos a bit, maybe even a little split-toning. I love #5's color!

On two head portraits, I usually like to get the girls side profile, as opposed to the guys like in #8.

I really like the composure of #2.
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2009
    I love 4, it's a real winner!
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2009
    Very nice stuff. I would warm up some of the photos a bit, maybe even a little split-toning. I love #5's color!

On two head portraits, I usually like to get the girls side profile, as opposed to the guys like in #8.

I really like the composure of #2.

Thanks for the suggestions. I agree with you on #8. I prefer to shoot it the other way around and did take a few, but found the profile shots of Kelsey not as flattering to her as I would have liked and had to really turn her head to far into his chest, so I went the other way.

I have finally discovered the world of RAD actions, and have been playing with the processing on a bunch of pictures. Curious to see if you think these are improvements.

567203157_u3bGU-L.jpg

567203266_aTx6T-L.jpg

567203885_W8JqA-L.jpg
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2009
    Shima wrote:
    I love 4, it's a real winner!

Thank you Shima. It was there favorite as well.
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    CamAaronCamAaron Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 18, 2009
    Beautiful pre-wedding pics taken at a wonderful location! Really good work! I am sure the couple won't regret booking you as their wedding photographer. Have fun at the wedding in July!