Wedding rehearsal stroll

Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
edited May 29, 2005 in Weddings
During a cocktail hour after a wedding rehearsal, a couple in the bridal party strolls around the grounds of the Castle on the Hudson. Taken about an hour before a nasty thunderstorm rolled in:
IMG_6660.jpg

I shoot the wedding tomorrow, so more pics to come I am sure :wink
Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
"Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie

Comments

• JazzyJakJazzyJak Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    I really like the vibrant colors, the whole picture has a very... intimate feeling to it. Can't wait to see some from the wedding itself.
    Diving headfirst into photography!
    www.cloningerimagery.com
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited May 28, 2005
    I love the quiet moment the couple seem to be enjoying. It's a nice
    picture.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    it's really nice, but i think it might be too busy for me. . .
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 28, 2005
    binghott wrote:
    it's really nice, but i think it might be too busy for me. . .
    I think I have to agree. Beautiful colors, but I almost missed seeing the couple. Perhaps that adds to the intimacy of the shot; perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about but I do look forward to the wedding shots. good weather karma from me to you.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    a classic
    one of the things i like about your wedding photography, shay, is that you *always* give the b&g something different - this shot isn't in most guys' portfolio, and it should be. it's quite lovely, love the radiant glow around the soon-to-be married couple's heads ... the colors are rich and vibrant, no mistaking the "spring" feeling - new beginnings and all - very romantic. and the composition? it's classic.

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif bravo!
    edited May 28, 2005
    andy wrote:
    it's quite lovely, love the radiant glow around the soon-to-be married couple's heads ...
    well. . .
    a couple in the bridal party strolls around the grounds of the Castle on the Hudson.
    if it was the bride and groom i probably would've liked it a lot more.
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    I love the light in this photo. I agree with Andy about you always giving something different and just like Andy's pics makes me want to trash all my Central Park pics yours makes me want to trash my wedding pics and than hunt down the photographer and demand my money back...
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    hehehe quite the interesting mix of thoughts here. Thats good though. Thanks for looking and commenting.

The reason I liked the photo was because it has this crazy complexity to it, spring gone wild if you will, yet there is this small pocket in the lower left where there is some peace and tranquility as this explosion of spring is enjoyed.

A contrast, even if only conceptual.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
    edited May 28, 2005
    binghott wrote:
    well. . .

Why would knowing whether it was the b&g make a difference?

Just curious.

Ian
    edited May 28, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    Why would knowing whether it was the b&g make a difference?

Just curious.

Ian
    i thought someone would ask that. if it was of the bride and groom, i think it'd be a good picture for them to enjoy that was different than most pictures, but since it's just another couple it's less meaningful to me i guess.
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    binghott wrote:
    i thought someone would ask that. if it was of the bride and groom, i think it'd be a good picture for them to enjoy that was different than most pictures, but since it's just another couple it's less meaningful to me i guess.
    I see what you mean.. I did'nt realize it was'nt the bride and groom..I think it's a beautiful shot tho.. bet it would be quite wonderous huge!!!clap.gif
    edited May 28, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    bet it would be quite wonderous huge!!!
    yeah, would make a great poster.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    Not too busy for me, I saw the couple right off, right after I noticed the gorgeous light. One good thing about a thunderstorm.

Nice work.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
    edited May 28, 2005
    ahh..yes...but..
    binghott wrote:
    well. . .

if you're the pro photographer, how cool is it to be able to sell a huge print of this to a couple from the wedding party? cha-ching!
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    Is spring always like this?
    I just returned from a week in NY and was struck with the lush vibrant colors. I just don't remember past springs being so vibrant? Am I losing my memory or is it always like that?

My mom said there was a lot of snow last winter, and we (in California) had a lot of rain. Our flowers worked overtime producing loads of blooms for our spring. Maybe it was an abundance of water?

Anyway, I could see the same levels of multi-colored greens in your photo that I saw on the island.

The girl's dress pops nicely against the green and contrast with the pink blooms, sure looks like a nice quiet moment they shared.
    edited May 28, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    I just returned from a week in NY and was struck with the lush vibrant colors. I just don't remember past springs being so vibrant? Am I losing my memory or is it always like that?

My mom said there was a lot of snow last winter, and we (in California) had a lot of rain. Our flowers worked overtime producing loads of blooms for our spring. Maybe it was an abundance of water?

Anyway, I could see the same levels of multi-colored greens in your photo that I saw on the island.

The girl's dress pops nicely against the green and contrast with the pink blooms, sure looks like a nice quiet moment they shared.

dee, it's the really wet spring we've been having :D
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    I have an azelea bush...
    andy wrote:

I photographed in Seatauket to match your rhodendren bush rolleyes1.gif

I've about 40 more family photos to process before I can begin my trip photos.

The only thing I didn't get was the lilac bushes loaded with blooms. Every time we saw a good bush, we thought we'd get it on the way back but for various reasons we never did get any :-(
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    andy wrote:
    Yup, had to drive in that too x.x

Awesome picture Shay... it makes me sad that my parents are leaning towards the not being able to afford you side for my wedding... you're an awesome photographer!
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    Shay
    Very beautiful
    Love the back lit trees
    I sure they will live it also

Fred
    edited May 28, 2005
    binghott wrote:
    Andy offered a good point about sales but I was thinking the b&g would enjoy
    seeing their friends enjoyment.

ian
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    Nice image. I really like the composition and the colors. I agree that the couple balances the exploiding nature around them quite well.

Erich