Options

The Term " Classy " Hardly Is Sufficient For This One

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited June 14, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
560997071_dimcy-XL.jpg

560990928_xbsDn-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2009
    Hi Tom .... cool shotthumb.gif...... What is it? I have never seen one of thoes in Buckeye. azzaro
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2009
    Hi Azzaro,

Don't feel bad, I've never seen one of these tooling around Jacksonville either. It's probably something French.....Lee could probably tell us....most likely a Delage or a Delahaye. Regardless, it's one beautiful car.

Thanks for looking in.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    Bugatti?

I tried looking up an image but too many Veyron photos to sift through.

edit-

Looks like maybe a 1939 (bugatti)

http://www.webentory.com/billboards/1675/6243.jpg

http://petersen.org/default.cfm?DocID=1014&cat=Million%20Dollar%20Cars&ExhibitID=127
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    Looks like the BatMobile (circa 1940) to me.
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2009
    Hey wfeller....

You could be right. I'm certainly no expert on these older European cars. Thanks for looking in.

Tom
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    There's nothing less deserving of a description as mere as "Classy" than such a beautiful 1930s Delahaye. We need much better words for beautiful automobiles such as this one. (Yes, it's French.)

An absolutely beautiful shot of one of the most incredibly beautiful, coachbuilt vehicles ever crafted, Tom. clap.gifthumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    wfeller wrote:

Chances are good that the Delahaye Tom posted here was designed by the same coachbuilding firm that designed the Bugatti in this link. Delahaye was only one of several companies to use their services.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    Chances are good that the Delahaye Tom posted here was designed by the same coachbuilding firm that designed the Bugatti in this link. Delahaye was only one of several companies to use their services.

I can see that now that I've seen a few images of the Delahaye. I used to love going through my Dad's old auto magazines when I was a kid. The Bugatti always stood out to me. The front end looked almost right. Thanks.

What an illusion that would make turning in front of a bystander.

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Tom that is one magnificent piece of automotive art. Was this at your usual upscale venue (I note a dearth of bystanders in straw hats and ascots admiring it)? headscratch.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2009
    Hey Lee,

Doesn't this car just knock you off your frame with its beauty? The restoration job on this Delahaye was impecable. It easily makes my list of the top 2 or 3 most beautiful cars in the world. Thanks for being my " go to " man when it comes to discussions about cars from this glorious period of automotive history.

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2009
    Hi Jack,

Yes, this is the same upscale venue where most of my car shots are taken. It's quite an eclectic growd that attends these things....you see all kinds of folks. You pay your $40 bucks and you are treated to a gathering of some of the most beautiful, interesting, innovative, and historic cars ever assembled in one spot....and the organizers of the event perform this magic act year after year. It's simply amazing.

Take it easy,

Tom