Options

Small Italian Chapel

sry407sry407 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited June 14, 2009 in Journeys
I took this picture in the small coastal village of Riomaggiore on the western coat of Italy. It was literally minutes before a wedding happened (to our surprise nonetheless)!!!

Obviously it was somewhat dark in there, and just curious on the overall PP for this. I went for blown out windows on purpose to try and give it a sort of "angelic" feel...

C&C welcomed!!!

Thanks for looking!

Adam

Comments

• Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    Welcome, Adam!

Italy! Lucky you! There must be so many charming nooks and crannies like this.

I always find it interesting to know as many of the tech details as possible, such as camera, lens and the exposure settings. It helps to understand the shot and give crit.

You are on the right track that the light is special, and you have been able to show what you felt about it. I'd like a bit more overall and local contrast to give the shot more three dimensionality. And straighten what should be horizontal.

It's another shot, I know, but I keep wanting to see a little more of the scene, and at more of an angle. And another shot close up to the altar with the light falling across the color of the cushions, and that contrasted with the colors in the stone and wood.

Let's see some more!
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix