Options

little green beetle

MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
edited May 30, 2005 in Holy Macro
Emerald green and turqoise blue and ran like the wind! Had...*ahem Fun! :wxwax chasing this little thing around... Tamron 70-300 @300mm in macro mode, handheld. A mode, f13, -2ev, 1/750th.

greenbeetleiism2bc.jpg

AJ

Comments

• Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    Nice shot AJclap.gif I like the shimmering color coming off him/her.

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    Now Why Can I Find One Like That ??
    MuskyDude wrote:
    Emerald green and turqoise blue and ran like the wind! Had...*ahem Fun! umph.gif chasing this little thing around... Tamron 70-300 @300mm in macro mode, handheld. A mode, f13, -2ev, 1/750th.

AJ
    Hey there MuskyDude........what a beautiful color that beetle is, we just get those little black one's here, I think they are called Dung Beetles, years ago we used to get Christmas Beetles they were really colorful like your Beetle, but I have never seen one in all the years I have lived where I am now.

I have my fingers crossed that I find some bugs while I'm in USA later this year.
    Thanks for showing us your pretty beetle....... Skippy (Australia)

Hey I just noticed......he's got white spots on the tail end of his back how cool:D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    ysr612ysr612 Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    cool shot I think that is called a tiger beatle.
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2005
    Nice one AJ. You hit the DOF spot-on for this one.

regards
    alan
  • Options
    nzmacronzmacro Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2005
    Send it on down when you have finished with it AJ mwink.gif . Its gorgeous. Wonderful colours and details. Very nicely done AJ. thumb.gif

Danny.
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2005
    Eric&Susan wrote:
    Nice shot AJclap.gif I like the shimmering color coming off him/her.

Eric
    Thanks Eric. It sure was a beautiful color, thanks for looking!thumb.gif

AJ
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    Hey there MuskyDude........what a beautiful color that beetle is, we just get those little black one's here, I think they are called Dung Beetles, years ago we used to get Christmas Beetles they were really colorful like your Beetle, but I have never seen one in all the years I have lived where I am now.

I have my fingers crossed that I find some bugs while I'm in USA later this year.
    Thanks for showing us your pretty beetle....... Skippy (Australia)

Hey I just noticed......he's got white spots on the tail end of his back how cool:D
    Hiya Skippy,

First off thanks and you are right about the white spots. Found that one just looking around in my backyard garden. I don't think you'll have problems finding interesting insect subjects in good 'ole U.S., if it's anything like here in Canada. I'll wish you luck though just in case...thumb.gif

AJ
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2005
    ysr612 wrote:
    cool shot I think that is called a tiger beatle.
    I think you are right, thank you very much for the identification! thumb.gif

Cheers!

AJ
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2005
    BigAl wrote:

regards
    alan
    Thanks Al. Of about a dozen shots I took, this one was by far the sharpest and in focus. Ok let me re-phrase that, this was the ONLY one that had any sharpness, and was also in focus...lol3

AJ
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2005
    BigAl wrote:

regards
    alan
    Thanks Al. Out of the dozen of so shots I took, this one was by far the sharpest and in focus. Or let me put that another way, this was the ONLY one that had any sharpness, with subject in focus... lol3.gif

AJ
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2005
    nzmacro wrote:
    Send it on down when you have finished with it AJ mwink.gif . Its gorgeous. Wonderful colours and details. Very nicely done AJ. thumb.gif

Danny.
    Ha, if I could, I would Danny. nod.gif And thanks for your comments, it's appreciated! thumb.gif

AJ