Options

2009 HAFB Open House & Air Show

theNOIZtheNOIZ Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
edited June 19, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Here are some of my favorite shots taken on June 6, 2009 at the Hill Air Force Base Open House & Air Show. The entire gallery is available here on my SmugMug site.

564142414_etdJZ-M.jpg

564142736_bypxJ-M.jpg

564143902_BE9ZS-M.jpg

564146918_cXh2z-M.jpg

564148076_vQ5Hq-M.jpg

564149983_m3HCv-M.jpg

564150457_wAeXK-M.jpg

564150733_MZUaz-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2009
    Outstanding every one oft hem. I love those vibrant colors against that beautiful sky. clap.gifclap If I had to pick favorites it would be the first and last one. Is that ice or condensation on the undersides of the wings in #1?

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2009
    On the first photo, I think that's just the way the plane looked from the bottom. We did see a lot of vapors on the wings of F-16's and the Thunderbird's, though.

Jack'll do wrote:
    Outstanding every one oft hem. I love those vibrant colors against that beautiful sky. clap.gifclap If I had to pick favorites it would be the first and last one. Is that ice or condensation on the undersides of the wings in #1?
  • Options
    CavalierPhotoCavalierPhoto Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2009
    Great series, here and in your gallery.

I'm strangely craving a Big Ben and some onion rings though rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2009
    Utah native or former resident? :D Nothing beats a Saturday afternoon parked in Roy when you hear over the loudspeaker, "Number 23! Number 23!" Then you look down at your ripped piece of cardboard where the number 23 has been written in pen and then re-written over in Sharpie. rolleyes1.gif
    Great series, here and in your gallery.

I'm strangely craving a Big Ben and some onion rings though rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    thumb.gif Impressive collection (and I'm talking about the complete set in your gallery)... I've gotta get me one of those white lenses...
    theNOIZ wrote:
    Nothing beats a Saturday afternoon parked in Roy when you hear over the loudspeaker, "Number 23! Number 23!" Then you look down at your ripped piece of cardboard where the number 23 has been written in pen and then re-written over in Sharpie.

Chocolate-Banana-Marshmallow shake please!

P.S. I'm really disappointed in the St. George location. It just isn't the same...

P.P.S. Aaron lives within a mile of the STG location...
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    CavalierPhotoCavalierPhoto Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    theNOIZ wrote:
    Utah native or former resident?

Neither...just a huge fan of good burger joints and that one's very high on my list. Had a chance to stop by both Hill and the Burger Bar after last year's Dgrin Shootout. I think there was eleven inches of snow on the ground when we showed up at Hill in the AM and then it was almost completely gone by lunch time.
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2009
    Chris,

That's typical of Utah weather. I was at Cub Scout camp yesterday with my son. Every 20 minutes it went from raining to sunshine, back to raining, back to sunshine, hail, back to sunshine.

Burger Bar in Roy is an institution. Just one of those local places that will never run out of customers. They've tried to open other locations, but they're just not the same.
    Neither...just a huge fan of good burger joints and that one's very high on my list. Had a chance to stop by both Hill and the Burger Bar after last year's Dgrin Shootout. I think there was eleven inches of snow on the ground when we showed up at Hill in the AM and then it was almost completely gone by lunch time.
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2009
    All great captures Shaun!!!!!!!!!!!bowdown.gif

Bill, i told you to goto Marv's.... Big Ben is one of the worst in town...i only waste my money there once.
    Aaron Nelson