Options

World Wide Photowalk: July 18, 2009

aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
edited June 30, 2009 in The Big Picture
Scott Kelby, photoshop expert, photographer, and all around good guy had idea had an idea about a world wide photowalk last year and got some companies like Adobe to pony up some prizes. More than a couple dgrinners joined in the fun and some were even walk leaders!

Version 2.0 -- max 50 people per city... FREE
linky to the city list

If there's not a city near you, think about hosting one.... :D

Some details can be found in his blog post

Comments

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2009
    Thanks April for posting it, last time lots of dgrinners lost the opportunity
    People do join Photowalk in your city it is a great opportunity to meet photographers and have fun :D

I am leading it in my City.....
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 19, 2009
    Since LA isn't already listed I've just submitted an application to lead a group.
  • Options
    chrisdgchrisdg Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Earlier today I signed up for the SAN JOSE, CA walk. There are still about 11 spots remaining. I know a lot of SmugMug users are from the Bay Area, so it's a good opportunity to get together on this.

http://worldwidephotowalk.com/san-jose-ca-usa/

Coinicidentally, the leader of the SJ walk is Frederick Van Johnson, the same gentleman who is now leading the Silicon Valley SMUG meetings.
    -Chris D.
    http://www.facebook.com/cdgImagery (concert photography)
    http://www.cdgimagery.com (concert photography)
    http://chrisdg.smugmug.com (everything else)

• Options
    edited May 28, 2009
    chrisdg wrote:
    Earlier today I signed up for the SAN JOSE, CA walk. There are still about 11 spots remaining. I know a lot of SmugMug users are from the Bay Area, so it's a good opportunity to get together on this.

http://worldwidephotowalk.com/san-jose-ca-usa/

Coinicidentally, the leader of the SJ walk is Frederick Van Johnson, the same gentleman who is now leading the Silicon Valley SMUG meetings.
    clap.gifclapclap.gifclap
    I hear that they're trying to get this event in the world's record of largest photowalk!

And this is Mr. Frederick himself from last year's photowalk! He's a fearless leader and an amazing photographer! He's actually leading two photowalks!

358629270_2YYFF-L-1.jpg

More cities are being added -- keep checking!
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    clap.gif

In morning i am leading a photowalk and in evening i am participating photowalk in other city :ivar
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    JustPlainMeJustPlainMe Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    No photo walk in driving distance of my city . . . I'm not qualified to lead one, and getting someone who is would be like pulling teeth.

I hope everyone who can participate has a good time! Can't wait to see what folks capture.
    Please ignore my opinions! And if I ask for constructive criticism, please give it to me. I have really thick skin! :huh
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2009
    Angelo wrote:
    5/19/08 - Since LA isn't already listed I've just submitted an application to lead a group.

a month later and I've had no response. anyone else?
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    thats not good, i submitted today and was expecting a 24hr turn around response.... guess i might be waiting awhile

due date is June 18th.....ne_nau.gif so i assume to give them time
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2009
    i was able to build in all the info using the login/pass they e-mailed me, but i still have not seen an approval, and after saving the page info I entered and clicking preview the site still says under construction. so let me know if you guys get yours approved...
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2009
    without any indications that i was approved... i was able to publish my information this morning. it is present on the map, and people can now register. so i assume i have been approvedne_nau.gif

hope this helps Angelo
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    I'm signed up with 31 others for the route in Saint Paul, MN.

Should be fun.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    without any indications that i was approved... i was able to publish my information this morning. it is present on the map, and people can now register. so i assume i have been approved

Since they are allowing people to sign up for your walk, I think you are good to go. I wish I could join you guys. FWIW, I just signed up for the Venice Beach walk since I will be in LA.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2009
    Angelo wrote:

Maybe yours got created and they never told you? I think the event is bigger than anyone imagined... ne_nau.gif It's currently up to 1000+ cities :D Last year, it was around 300 ciites...

There are three called "los angeles" and one of them hasn't been opened yet by the leader... mayber you're him?

Perhaps, contact the photowalk people? Or leave a comment through scott kelby's blog?
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2009
    next year im going to do one for Bryce Canyon....theres your advance notice Billthumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    Angelo wrote:

Last year I tried to get approval for Wichita and finally got my 1st email after the walk happened.....stating no had applied for my city....I re-sent my 1st email from the very last of May and never heard back from Kelby's team......ne_nau.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2009
    Sat. july 18.....8-10Am WICHITAKS WWPW
    1-3PM Reiki Group healing Circle

EDIT: 6-30-09 12:03 AM
    not gonna happen for me -6-8PM MANHATAN KS WWPW....if I have the strength:D and can get there in time.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited June 30, 2009
    without any indications that i was approved... i was able to publish my information this morning. it is present on the map, and people can now register. so i assume i have been approvedne_nau.gif

hope this helps Angelo

no such assumption here. where are you located?
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2009
    aktse wrote:
    Maybe yours got created and they never told you?

ya think? :D

I think the event is bigger than anyone imagined...

clearly! eek7.gif

There are three called "los angeles" and one of them hasn't been opened yet by the leader... mayber you're him?

Nope. All three assigned with nary a word. And the listing for our downtown area is posted in the city list alphabetically under "D" eek7.gifscratcheek7.gifscratch

Perhaps, contact the photowalk people? Or leave a comment through scott kelby's blog?

I did that! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2009
    Angelo wrote:
    no such assumption here. where are you located?

mine is under Arizona, Toroweap Grand Canyon (which i was wondering if it would pass since its not really a "city":D )
    Aaron Nelson