Options

Capitol - Austin, TX

ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
edited June 18, 2009 in Journeys
Stopped by the capital the other night when we went to the Robbie Knievel jump in Austin.

563965422_ssYS3-L.jpg

563963759_tVVZm-L.jpg

563972572_PDpb5-L.jpg

563975454_gDtsm-L.jpg

563975469_ojgf4-L.jpg
LadyTX

Comments

• Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    Wow,

Let me be the first to congratulate you. These are terrific. They look like you might have run them through a pseudo HDR program. Your processing is very nice.

I had to look at them twice.

I was born in San Angelo, and lived in Midland ...boyhood home of Bush 43. Lived there until I left to see the world. Still a Texan at heart. Just relocated to the east coast...love the water.

Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2009
    Ed911 wrote:
    Wow,

Let me be the first to congratulate you. These are terrific. They look like you might have run them through a pseudo HDR program. Your processing is very nice.

I had to look at them twice.

I was born in San Angelo, and lived in Midland ...boyhood home of Bush 43. Lived there until I left to see the world. Still a Texan at heart. Just relocated to the east coast...love the water.

Thanks for sharing.

Hello to a fellow Texan (sort of ..:D ) and thank you so much for the kind remarks. The processing is several layers with some saturation, sharpening, shadow/highlight and low opacity Lucis. The I did a little dodging and burning.

Thanks again.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2009
    I love the pseudo-hdr look going here. There's a luminance that gives a lot of depth to the architecture.

As someone who just moved to TX (wut wut Houston), I really enjoyed this series bc it's psyching me to go out and get to know more of Texas woohoo!

Just so long as it's not me driving lol.
  • Options
    Morning DuskMorning Dusk Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2009
    These are just absolutly breathtaking! If you don't mind me asking, what camera did you use, and lens?

When i saw the title while browsing, i just had to click it! Its really good to see another fellow Texan on here, as I myself am a Texan also :D. Do you reside in the central texas area?
    " I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once "
    -Ashleigh Brilliant
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2009
    marikris wrote:
    I love the pseudo-hdr look going here. There's a luminance that gives a lot of depth to the architecture.

As someone who just moved to TX (wut wut Houston), I really enjoyed this series bc it's psyching me to go out and get to know more of Texas woohoo!

Just so long as it's not me driving lol.

Thanks marikris.

I have actually lived NW of Austin since 1986 and this was my first time at the capital. It's an old and beautiful building with wonderful detail inside and out.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2009
    These are just absolutly breathtaking! If you don't mind me asking, what camera did you use, and lens?

When i saw the title while browsing, i just had to click it! Its really good to see another fellow Texan on here, as I myself am a Texan also :D. Do you reside in the central texas area?

Thank you very much Morning Dusk. I shot these photos with a Sony A700, 18-250 lens.

Where are you in Texas? I live just NW of Austin on Lake Travis. Love it here!! Moved here from Wichita, Kansas in 1986. Would never go back!!
    LadyTX