Options

SOLD: Photoshop CS2 - download version

Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
edited June 19, 2009 in The Kitchen Sink
UPDATED: I no longer use and, therefore, deactivated my download version of a CS2 upgrade from Adobe. I have contacted Adobe and they currently show record of this as "pending transfer" due to my desire to sell and transfer the license. If you would like to purchase this "download" version of "CS2 upgrade", I am asking $50. PLEASE NOTE, you will need any older stand alone version of Photoshop. I would have offered my PS7 in this sale, however, I have lost it. I'm told any old stand alone version of photoshop is acceptable. Upon purchase, I will mail or email you the "Transfer of License" form to validate the transaction.

Tessa

UPDATE: SOLD AS OF 6-19-09
Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
www.printandportfolio.com
This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited June 18, 2009
    "holding" ??? Not sure I like this. If you can verify that this license is transferrable, and list a reasonable price, please do so.

thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2009
    What you (the seller) need to do, is:
    1. while Photoshop is installed on your machine, go through the menu (Help > Deactivate in CS4, probably similar in CS2) and deactivate your license. Until you do, it continues to hold an "activation" slot in Adobe's records. If you've already uninstalled CS2, then you need to re-install it to do this (then you can uninstall again). Just uninstalling it does not deactivate the license; it remains activated (assigned to your machine) at Adobe until and unless you explicitly de-activate it. Adobe is pretty reluctant to do that on the phone, as a protection against piracy -- it's far easier to just deactivate it from your machine.
    2. get the "Transfer of License" form from Adobe (available in PDF from this web page), fill it out with your info, sign it, and mail it to the new owner of the software. They will fill in their info and mail to Adobe.
    Regardless, in the end the transaction is based on trust between you and the buyer. There is no way for the buyer to check in advance with Adobe whether your license key has been "activated" at Adobe or not (or how many times -- Adobe allows 2 activations per product, not to be used simultaneously ... e.g. on a desktop and a laptop).
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• Options
    edited June 19, 2009
    Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, this software has been deactivated from my machine and I followed the prompts from Adobe. Thank you for the link to the "Transfer of License". Whomever wants to purchase this software from me will be provided this form. I do not know the value of this older version. Would $75 be reasonable?

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • Options
    photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2009
    Oops, one more thing you should mention -- is this a Windows, a Mac OS X PPC, or a Mac OS X Intel version?
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• Options
    edited June 19, 2009
    photobug wrote:
    Oops, one more thing you should mention -- is this a Windows, a Mac OS X PPC, or a Mac OS X Intel version?

WINDOWS, but I just sold it.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2009
    Tessa HD wrote:
    WINDOWS, but I just sold it.

Upon obtaining further understanding, I have edited my original post, please see above. The item is still for sale as described in the first post.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2009
    This Item Is Sold.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com