Options

Iris

behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
edited May 30, 2005 in Holy Macro
I'm 6'3" and 245lb and look like I'd eat nuts & bolts for snacks but an Iris will make me melt.:D
I shot this the other day in my side yard. The original background was my beat up old aluminum siding so I changed it.
Comments please.

23245124-M.jpg

Bear

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    Thats a Pretty One
    behr655 wrote:
    I'm 6'3" and 245lb and look like I'd eat nuts & bolts for snacks but an Iris will make me melt.:D
    I shot this the other day in my side yard. The original background was my beat up old aluminum siding so I changed it.
    Comments please. Bear
    Very Pretty Iris indeed, the purple one's are quite striking aren't they.
    Nicely done Bear........ Skippy (Australia) :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    Love the background and lighting, I think this is an excellent shot. Please don't hurt me Mr. Bear!

AJ
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    Nice colors and lighting. Me likes.thumb.gif
  • Options
    johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    Great colors... Did you enhance the color in PS? I took a shot of an iris the other day and it seemed lighter. I know they come in all colors... Just wanted to know.

Also, how did you change your background? Really nice effect.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2005
    johno wrote:
    Great colors... Did you enhance the color in PS? I took a shot of an iris the other day and it seemed lighter. I know they come in all colors... Just wanted to know.

Also, how did you change your background? Really nice effect.

peace.
    johno~
    Yes I did. After changing the background it did not "pop out" they way I would like it to so I did some enhancing with PSP9. If you compare it to the original shown below you will notice that I also had to deform it a bit as I wanted to get a nice 16x20 print made from it so I had to create a new blank image and cut and paste the iris onto it. To fill the frame I had to stretch it a bit but I think it still looks good. That background it one of the standard options with PSP9, I just tweaked the color a little.

Here is the original:

23266576-M.jpg

Bear

PS. I tried to print out an 11x14 of it this morning but ran out of ink half way through.:cry The half that printed looked great though and I have a 16x20 on order from smugmug.
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2005
    Thanks everyone for the nice comments. The iris in that shot has sinse moved on to a better place but this morning there were two more that bloomed on the same stem and I got some shots. I haven't had a chance to look at them yet though. If they're any good I'll post one up.

Bear
  • Options
    StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2005
    behr655 wrote:
    Comments please.

23245124-M.jpg

Bear
    I couldn't agree more I bring them home for DW all the time, not so frilly as yours, but they are one of my favourites. (not DW's) Is that darling wife or dutiful wife?:hide :hide
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2005
    Cool, I love the colors, sharpness and clarity of the shot clap.gif!! I got an Iris too :D
    41545161.jpg
    Thanks for sharing the flower!!!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl