Options

I want some C&C, please. Watch out 56K!

insanefredinsanefred Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
edited June 22, 2009 in Weddings
I am not normally a wedding photographer, but I was paid to do a wedding for a friend of mine and found out the mother of the bride is one of those... Well I get paid less than $200 and she seems to expect a $3000 quality, wink wink nudge nudge :cry

So, I need to ask, do you think she might be happy with these photos?
If not, any C&C would be help full, PP tips that could help?

Wedding gallery
the password is "test" with out quotes.
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    insanefredinsanefred Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    80 views and no comments? headscratch.gifeek7.gifcry
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    I looked at the first two pages...your images are sharp, colors look pretty good overall, and you separated subject from background nicely.

Awesome shots of the ring ceremony...wow, I never have been able to get in that close!

Well done.

Charge 10x more next time so that people don't expect this quality for $200. Wink wink nudge nudge. mwink.gifD
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    I think you can show these to her with confidence.
    Just be sure to not say things that will make her think you had no idea what you were doing or that this is your first time...then she will go looking for issues.

These photos are actuall pretty good.

You have lots of view because people read your post but then don't click on your link.
  • Options
    squiddysquiddy Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    Love Grandpa taking the cell phone pic... i think taking generational photos at a wedding is important; mixing old with new.

That cake is insanely beautiful, i'm digging the close up of the actual cutting. Haven't seen that a whole lot.

Maybe post process a few to make them sepia or spot color. Something easy and mom might be impressed. It's hard to please everyone...
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    yeah....you can show them with pride......
    I am one of thsoe if asked to look and give comments....I don't wanna have to run all overthe galaxy to find th pics...........next time just upload a half dozen and the npoin to the rest in the gallery......

Good Luck.......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    Great set. I would say they got an AMAZING deal at $200! :D

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    For $200 - the MoB should be doing backflips over these. Don't ever charge that little again! You are so worth so much more than that.
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    For $200 - the MoB should be doing backflips over these. Don't ever charge that little again! You are so worth so much more than that.

I agree! You did a great job, and you'll keep getting better with experience.

Caroline