Options

Iso camera bag!

Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
edited June 22, 2009 in Accessories
I have a descent tamron camera backpack which carries 2 l lens and 1 camera body.

How ever the I'm growing out of my camera bag and I need to get a bigger bag!

I don't want to spend more then $150-200 on the bag and I want it to be able to hold a good size laptop, 2 camera bodies, 2 lens, 2 walk around lens, a few memory sticks, Hoods, And Film.

Any idea's?

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    Chile Chef wrote:
    I have a descent tamron camera backpack which carries 2 l lens and 1 camera body.

How ever the I'm growing out of my camera bag and I need to get a bigger bag!

I don't want to spend more then $150-200 on the bag and I want it to be able to hold a good size laptop, 2 camera bodies, 2 lens, 2 walk around lens, a few memory sticks, Hoods, And Film.

Any idea's?

Lowe Pro...has several.....why do you want to carry your laptop.....easier to carry more memory cards.......I personally would not carry a laptop and would opt for a sling style bag for hiking and general scurrying about with cams..........again LowePro - Sling bag 300 their largest so far....so you can grow into it...........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited June 21, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    Lowe Pro...has several.....why do you want to carry your laptop.....easier to carry more memory cards.......I personally would not carry a laptop and would opt for a sling style bag for hiking and general scurrying about with cams..........again LowePro - Sling bag 300 their largest so far....so you can grow into it...........
    So I could upload photo's to the laptop and empty my card'<s> at a moments notice since I'm going to become a street photographer, Nature photographer.

Low pro bags you say? Which is a good bag? I want one where I can wear it for a long time and the feeling wouldn't get tiring like my tamerac bag I have now.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    Chile Chef wrote:
    So I could upload photo's to the laptop and empty my card'<s> at a moments notice since I'm going to become a street photographer, Nature photographer.

Low pro bags you say? Which is a good bag? I want one where I can wear it for a long time and the feeling wouldn't get tiring like my tamerac bag I have now.

</s>Young Bro... save a few pennies and buy one or 2 8gb Transcend cards at a time (my current card lineup is: 2 Lexar 2gb 80X pro (yup my 1st cards very expensive when I bought [$200+], 10 Trandscend 8gb 120x and 133x [6/4 respectively...purcahse from New Egg on sale under$20 each)......getting ready to order 2 (at a time) 16gb Transcend'd from New Egg...as the 16gb are cheaper than 2- 8gb cards..............

Give me cards to carry any day es;ecially if I am street shooting....a hard thump to the street is not going to hurt a card.....but that laptop .....that thump could end its life........

As mentioned in my previous post.....look at the sling bags....the weight is spread across your back and wit the 300 the waist belt also helps with weight distribution......

Small backpacks were not designed for wearing all day...but rather for a few minutes to a couple hours at most......My LowePro Pro Trekker I can wear all day..huge harness system with wide waist belt for max support.......do i really want to lug it with 80 pounds of gear in it all day...not really.....but i can.

LOWE PRO ON EBAY...........prices range from $75-160.....

EDIT: You coud always do what i did....using a milatary pistol belst and matching suspenders and 2 LowePro 75AW toploader bags....built my own custom system....I can opf course add morebags if i want to or hang stuff off the suspenders or wear a large backpack filled with clother, foodanother gear for hiking for a few days in the wilds of where ever............works great motorcycling also............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited June 22, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    Young Bro... save a few pennies and buy one or 2 8gb Transcend cards at a time (my current card lineup is: 2 Lexar 2gb 80X pro (yup my 1st cards very expensive when I bought [$200+], 10 Trandscend 8gb 120x and 133x [6/4 respectively...purcahse from New Egg on sale under$20 each)......getting ready to order 2 (at a time) 16gb Transcend'd from New Egg...as the 16gb are cheaper than 2- 8gb cards..............

Give me cards to carry any day es;ecially if I am street shooting....a hard thump to the street is not going to hurt a card.....but that laptop .....that thump could end its life........

As mentioned in my previous post.....look at the sling bags....the weight is spread across your back and wit the 300 the waist belt also helps with weight distribution......

Small backpacks were not designed for wearing all day...but rather for a few minutes to a couple hours at most......My LowePro Pro Trekker I can wear all day..huge harness system with wide waist belt for max support.......do i really want to lug it with 80 pounds of gear in it all day...not really.....but i can.

LOWE PRO ON EBAY...........prices range from $75-160.....

EDIT: You coud always do what i did....using a milatary pistol belst and matching suspenders and 2 LowePro 75AW toploader bags....built my own custom system....I can opf course add morebags if i want to or hang stuff off the suspenders or wear a large backpack filled with clother, foodanother gear for hiking for a few days in the wilds of where ever............works great motorcycling also............
    Thank you Art, You know I also have 3 lexor pro cards one is a 8 gig I purchased for the florida summer trip last year, And then another 8 gig card when my eye fi card broke apart, and then a 16 gig card I use for my street shooting "It can shoot 950 raw images" which is good since I strickle shoot in the raw format now.

I've actually heard of the low pro trekker 1. either on this forum or on the cooking forum, but I like it to be water proof just incase it rains, My tamerac pack is waterproof and I love it, How like I said in my first post It's getting too small now. I may just leave the lappy home or get one of those small lappy's in the future.