Options

few from yesterday at bolsa

jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
edited June 1, 2005 in Wildlife
trying to get used to the 400mm. i missed a few near shots because i was too close, but i think i got many others that i would have missed with my 200. suggestions appreciatedthumb.gif

23496416-L.jpg

23509327-L.jpg

this one's almost 100% crop of original
23509313-L.jpg
23509323-L.jpg
23509314-L.jpg

23509315-L.jpg

23474774-L.jpg

23494885-L.jpg

thanks for lookingxzicon_smile_cool.gif

-j

Comments

• Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2005
    Great set Jeff. The double pelicans is a very cool comp. And the egret before the bunny is stunning. Great light in that one.thumb.gif
  • Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2005
    Cool shots! Looks like an overcast sky gave you good even lighting. They look really sharp. Seems it takes some getting used to when stepping from 200 mm to 400 mm and with no zoom adjustment you probably feel different set of constraints....

Erich
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2005
    Good Set thumb.gif
    Like the second to last Egret
    the bunny too clap.gif
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    Great set Jeff. The double pelicans is a very cool comp. And the egret before the bunny is stunning. Great light in that one.thumb.gif
    thanks khaos! by the way, i'm always checking yur avitar for changes. i dont even know what they mean...but i called a classmate of mine "mr. senisible pants" the other day...
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2005
    erich6 wrote:
    Cool shots! Looks like an overcast sky gave you good even lighting. They look really sharp. Seems it takes some getting used to when stepping from 200 mm to 400 mm and with no zoom adjustment you probably feel different set of constraints....

Erich
    thanks erich. yeah, i do feel its going to take awhile to get used to, but it sure is fun trying. overcast helped on most shots, but i found my shots wiuth the birds in flight a bit noisy against the gray. of course, this was after cropping and sharpening...so there could easily be a glitch there.
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    Good Set thumb.gif
    Like the second to last Egret
    the bunny too clap.gif
    thanks benthumb.gif the shot of the bunny was for my wife. i think she really liked it to until we decided there was a tick on the right side of the little dude's face (our left)uhoh2.gif
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2005
    so that's what the pelicans look like close up :D we have the same pics mine from far you'rs clear and close up :D It was very nice getting together and thank you for the loan of the book thumb.gif your pelican shot is very good that shot of the egret by the bridge we must have fired off at the same time but some how my focus was very soft headscratch.gif and the wren out of the water was bad:cry thanks again it was fun shooting with you clap.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2005
    jwear wrote:
    so that's what the pelicans look like close up :D we have the same pics mine from far you'rs clear and close up :D It was very nice getting together and thank you for the loan of the book thumb.gif your pelican shot is very good that shot of the egret by the bridge we must have fired off at the same time but some how my focus was very soft headscratch.gif and the wren out of the water was bad:cry thanks again it was fun shooting with you clap.gif
    thanks jeff! i had a good time as well. remember, these were processed. once you get your workflow down i think it will bring out more of the sharpness in yur photos. by the way, yur shots you posted were not too shabby man.thumb.gif PM me if you have questions about the book.

-j
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2005
    thanks khaos! by the way, i'm always checking yur avitar for changes. i dont even know what they mean...but i called a classmate of mine "mr. senisible pants" the other day...
    Check the quote in my signature. I always link the two together.:D
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    Check the quote in my signature. I always link the two together.:D
    10-4, gotcha
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2005
    Really like the last egret and the pelican landing! thumb.gif

regards
    alan
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2005
    BigAl wrote:
    Really like the last egret and the pelican landing! thumb.gif

regards
    alan
    thanks alan! dialing in the exposure for white birds has been a simple detail that i just keep blowing for some reason. its nice to kinda get a few right for a change! thanks for lookingthumb.gif

-j
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2005
    late additions...

23677924-L.jpg

23677915-L.jpg

23677921-L.jpg

thanks for checking out the late arrivalsthumb.gif
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 1, 2005
    Very nice Jeff thumb.gifthumb.gif

I liked the dancin' snowy you added too.....lol clap.gif

Even with the overcast you got some really nice shots, WTG!

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2005
    Very nice Jeff thumb.gifthumb.gif

I liked the dancin' snowy you added too.....lol clap.gif

Even with the overcast you got some really nice shots, WTG!

Steve
    thanks steve. i keep emailing them, but for some reason national geographic wont believe egrets can do the "brass monkey"...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    great ones --lost all of mine ---should have ck twice on my settings :cry the dancing is a great capture thumb.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2005
    jwear wrote:
    great ones --lost all of mine ---should have ck twice on my settings :cry the dancing is a great capture thumb.gif
    thanks again jeff! how'd you lose yurs? whats wrong with em? maybe with a little help from CS2 we can sort it out...

-j