Options

DSS#28 second round

RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
edited June 24, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
While I do like my first attempts with the chess board, I can't help feeling its a bit "contrived" which is not something I normally try for with my photography so I decided to head down to Old Town Alexandria to see if I could find some other subject matter. I wound up going minimalist for the most part except for one really nice window....

a lock in a blue green door with several crops

blue-green-1-web.jpg

blue-green-2-web.jpg

blue-green-3-web.jpg

a minimalist overhead light
minimalist-web.jpg

receding bricks with spaces (forshortened to make the holes square)
receeding-b&w-web.jpg

receeding-web.jpg

and a nice bright yellow window.
yellow-detail-web.jpg

yellow-web.jpg

all thoughts appreciated as always..

Jeff
http://roadrunes.com
"It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D

Comments

• Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Hi Jeff,,,

I like the bricks and the cropped version of the window... It is hard for me to say with the doors because these crops are so lengthy I have to keep scrolling and I cannot take in the entire composition...

Those bricks are a strong entry..thumb.gifwink
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2009
    Hi Jeff,,,

I like the bricks and the cropped version of the window... It is hard for me to say with the doors because these crops are so lengthy I have to keep scrolling and I cannot take in the entire composition...

Those bricks are a strong entry..thumb.gifwink

yeah I noticed that too so I down-sized them so you can see the difference in the crops! I tend to forget that photoshop sizes them to the screen automatically!

I'm leaning to either the single line of the yellow window or the overhead lamp due its minimalist nature.

Jeff
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    That single line from the yellow window is a winner in my book. thumb.gif What a great idea for this theme! The third set of locks are pretty cool but when I saw that single line from the yellow window, it really grabbed my attention.
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    2 and 3! 2 and 3!

I looove them. I wanted to do something similar with my own door since I live in a nice old house with lots of character, but the door is white and the light was boring so it didn't come out very well.

I do like these two much better than the chess board, for the record. Closer to my personal taste :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    I'm hipped and jived to the yellow window! wings.gif What a grand idea!
  • Options
    nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    I too love the single yellow column window, however one problem I can see with it, since it is zoomed way in, the windows clearly have become a lot more rectangular looking instead of squares, while in the zoomed-out version (full window), they look a lot more square looking which means closer to the theme. Some beautiful shots Jeff thumb.gif
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    I too love the single yellow column window, however one problem I can see with it, since it is zoomed way in, the windows clearly have become a lot more rectangular looking instead of squares, while in the zoomed-out version (full window), they look a lot more square looking which means closer to the theme. Some beautiful shots Jeff thumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif

#3, #3!!
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2009
    Thanks all!

I Could try stretching the window a bit to make the panes more square...hmmmm

or go with the locks, I too love old wooden doors.... decisions decisions... ne_nau.gif

but I'll figure it out....

Jeff

yellow window squared.....

yellow-detail-web.jpg

I'll have to see what my better half says (then do the opposite! Ha Ha!)